Chapter Twenty-Seven

Comenzar desde el principio

"Very good Tori." I complimented and pinned up her picture beside mine.

"Your turn Dam Dam, I wanna see what you painted!" Tori said.

That nickname Tori gave him was adorable and I'd definitely use it against him.

"Yeah Dam Dam." I teased.

He rolled his eyes and revealed his picture to us.

It was a pink teddy bear that said Tori on the belly, and it was wearing a tiara. It was really cute and well done, which surprised me. The last thing I thought Damon would be good at was painting, but I also though that about music.

"I love it!" Tori squealed and made me pin it up beside hers.

I had to agree with Tori, I loved his painting too.

I looked over at Damon to see that he was already looking at me with a small smile pulling at his lips. I smiled back awkwardly and turned away to talk to Tori.

We spent the whole day just playing with Tori and watching movies until she got tired and fell asleep.

By the time we were back in Damon's car it was seven o'clock in the evening.

"So where are we going now?" I asked once we pulled out of the parking lot.

"It's a surprise." Damon said with the same secretive smile he gave earlier.

"How long is the drive?" I tried to get any information I could.

"Ten minutes or so." He answered.

I didn't reply, instead turning to look out the window for any hint as to where we were going. Too bad nothing we passed helped me, the only guess I had was the beach, but he didn't ask me to bring my swimsuit so I quickly ruled that out.

It wasn't long before the curiosity got the best of me and I opened my mouth to again ask where we were going but the words died in my throat when I saw a tall ferris wheel and bright shining lights in the distance. It was the town's annual fair. I didn't even realize it was happening this week.

The closer we got the more excited I became, and when we pulled into the parking lot I was practically bouncing in my seat.

Damon looked over at me with an eyebrow raised in amusement and shook his head as he stepped out of the car.

I followed suit and soon we were walking side by side to the entrance of the fair where he bought us bracelets that got us on every ride.

"This is so cool!" I squealed, sounding oddly like Tori when she got excited.

He chuckled at my enthusiasm but I knew he was just as excited by the boyish smile on his face and the excited glint in his eyes.

"What do you want to do first?" He asked, taking my hand so we wouldn't get separated in the big crowd.

For a moment I didn't respond because I was so surprised that he was holding my hand.

Once I gained my composure I replied "The scariest ride here."

He looked over at me in surprise but nodded in agreement and led me in the direction of a tall roller coaster that had a steep drop.

The smile on my face was so big it almost hurt.

The wait to get on the ride was surprisingly short and before we knew it we were taking the two front seats. 

Once we were strapped in Damon looked over at me, "If you get scared you can hold my hand."