Welcome Home

Wow, I'm so happy with the comments and votes guys! Your all so awesome!! :D I hope you enjoy this filler, and adorable, chapter :) The next one is going to be pretty intense! Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Graham and my own twist on the Captain America movie.

The train whistle was extremely loud on the all brick terminal but I paid it no mind. My eyes stayed glued on the vessel about to stop on this platform, which held all the soldiers from Captain Steve Roger’s regiment.

    I was shoved between two women who were obviously girlfriends. They kept checking their makeup and straightening their skirts and hats, making sure they were in perfect prime for when their men laid eyes on them. It made me a little self conscious at my obviously plain attire.

    I wore a light orange flower printed button down shirt tucked into a pair of dark green slacks with a pair of newly purchased white boots. It was my signature style in a color that Steve said I looked really good in so-

    The train finally haulted, releasing it’s breaks and the doors to the cabins opened, flowing out men in brown uniforms. Girls started screaming everywhere and pushing to find their men. I had moved to a bench, standing on it to get a better view over all the people.

    Finally, emerging from the cabin just in front of me was the familiar face that made me heart ache happily at the sight of him. He immediately zeroed in on my jumping and waving form and I saw him laugh, shaking his head and moving through the crowd. I stayed on the bench, hands on my waist with a big grin on my face.

    “Welcome home, Captain.” I said once he was close enough to me. A good bit of the crowd had dispersed and there was more space to move around.

    “I missed you.” I continued as he had to strain his neck to look up at me, that beautiful heart throb smile on his face.

    He let his suitcase fall to the ground from his grip and grabbed my hips, effectively pulling me from the bench I was perched on. I yelped in surprise, laughing at the same time as my arms ended up around his neck.

    Before my feet even hit the ground, his lips met mine in a heated kiss that I returned just at eagerly. The way his arms made me feel safe, those blue eyes, that smile and the kisses were only a few of the reasons why I needed him. And how good it felt to finally have him back.

    “You missed me too I‘m guessing.” I stated breathlessly after our lips detached. Steve let out a light laugh and moved a hand to my hair, pushing a few strands of it from my face.

    “Absolutely.” He admitted, making my heart swell.

    “I‘ll see you boys in a week.” Steve shouted over his shoulder, wrapping an arm around my shoulder after grabbing his bag.

    “Don‘t have too much fun, Captain.” Bucky shouted, causing some of the other men around them to laugh.

    “You either, Lana.” He pointed a finger at me and grinned, winking. I threw him a smile and pulled the blushing and stuttering Captain from the train station.

    Steve apartment wasn’t far from the station so we walked, me still pulled close to his side.

    “I did some redecorating.” I said, smiling.

    “Oh did you?” He asked, smiling right back and placing a small kiss on my head.

    “I‘ll love it then.”

    “We‘ll see.” I replied, giving him a wink and making more small talk as we walked down the streets of New York.

    When we finally reached his apartment building, he politely opened the door for me and let me lead the way back to his- our home. I turned the key in the lock and opened the door wide, letting him go in first. He set his suitcase near the door and slid his hat off his head, slightly messing up his perfectly styled hair. But he wasn’t paying attention to that. He was looking at his apartment.

    When I got moved in there, it was sparse with all things homey. It needed a feminine touch and I knew the perfect time to do it was while he was gone. There were light blue and green curtains on all the windows, new paintings and pictures were hung on every wall, a few of us and our friends and others that I found at the local flea market.

    I brought in the furnature from my apartment and it went perfect with what Steve already had. The kitchen had a medium sized round oak table with solid oak chairs that went perfect with the oak cabinets and older looking appliances.

    I kept my bottom lips held between my teeth as I watched the man I loved appraise my handiwork.

    “Wow.”  Steve finally said, turning to face me with a smile.

    “It actually looks like home now, huh?” I said, smiling and getting a small kiss from Steve.

    “Anywhere with you is home.” He set his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him, placing another kiss on both of my cheeks before giving me one on the lips.

    “Your sweet.” I cooed, winking as he laughed.

    “Your amazing.” He continued, looking my face over. Running his hand all the way through my even longer hair.

    “And perfect.” Steve sighed out, not able to wipe that goofy grin off his face.

    “And all yours.” I concluded, feeling his arms wrap tighter around me and his grin turned into at genuine smile.

    “I made some dinner.” I said, motioning with my head to the kitchen.

    I opened the oven and slid on an oven mit, pulling out the dinner I had prepared just before going to get Steve at the station. Several large sized steaks were stacked on a plate, still moist and juicy. I set it on the table, along with a large bowl of mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese, my personal favorite.

    Steve eyed the steak until I told him he could dig in, which he did. That was the first thing he put on his plate and cut into it immediately. Soon after I heard a groan of content and I laughed, sitting down myself, dishing out some food on my own plate.

    “It‘s like were married.” Steve said through a mouth full of meat. I rose my fork to my lips in thought, smiling slightly when a sudden thought crossed my mind.

    “Mrs. Lana Rogers.” I let that hang in the air and Steve stopped shoving his face for a split second, smiling himself.

    “I like it.” I commented, taking a bite of the broccoli.

    “It suits you.” I smiled over the table at the man now eating slower, stopping to take a drink of his soda and giving me a wink over the brim.

    We ate in comfortable silence, him devouring much more than me. Being a supersoldier required a lot more calories than the normal person, hence why I made so much. When we were done, there was one steak left and a few scoops of potatoes.

    “So how‘s the war against Hydra going?” I asked simply, rising from the table to get the dishes but was stopped by Steve, who slid another soda in front of me and snatched up all the dishes.

    I leaned back on two legs, placing my feet on the table and sipped it slowly, watching him move around the kitchen.

    “Were winning, it‘s a start.” Steve sighed, stretching slightly before something caught his eye. A still warm cherry pie was sitting in the window sill of the kitchen, cooling off in the sunlight.

    “A wonderful start.” I commented, standing and pecking his cheek before reaching to get the pie and cutting it up.

    I told Steve where the little plates were and he grabbed two, forks and came back over to get a huge slice of pie. He leaned over his piece, giving me a tender kiss before waiting for me to put mine on the other plate and we took our desert to the living room.

    Steve was the first to sit down and I plopped down right next to him, putting my legs on his knees and leaning my back on the rest, catching a glimpse of a smile on his face before he took a bite of the pie.

    “I saw the picture in your compass. Of us on the night of your first show.” I said, taking a small piece off the tip of my pie and savoring the taste. 

    “I put it in my compass so I can find my way around enemy territory-” Steve answered after a few seconds of a blush and stuttering.

    “And to bring me home to you.” I looked down at my own plate, feeling a huge smile tug at my lips.

    “I really missed you.” I saw and felt Steve’s hand reach under my chin and lock eyes with mine. My breath caught in my chest at the look in his eyes.

    “I missed you too.” I murmured, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks when he set his plate down, grabbing mine and doing the same.

    He moved back over to me, letting my legs fall to the floor as he curled up to me, moving his lips towards mine. I met him halfway, tasting dinner and desert on his lips. After kissing me thoroughly, he pulled me into him, laying down on the couch fully. I happily laid next to him, my head on his chest while his arms were around my shoulder and back. 

    “I love you Lana Graham.” Steve’s smooth voice muttered to me, placing a kiss in my hair.

    “I love you too Steve Rogers.”

    I didn’t need my gift to tell me that he was feeling like he was happiest guy in the world right now. I hardly ever had to tap into my gift around him. He always let me know exactly how he was feeling, when he was feeling it.

    And I knew he loved me.

Short, sweet and straight to the point, wouldn't you agree? ;D Don't forget to vote, comment and rate PLEASEE!!!!!! :D Thanksies!!!