We guinea pigs got to stick together...

Thanks so much for the reads so far! Hope you guys enjoy this! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Graham and my own twist on the story.

My eyes shot open as Abraham’s voice faded from my mind. I looked around with my eyes, blinking a few times before moving my head.

    “Lana?” Very slowly, I moved my head up just as someone shifted beside me. The first thing I noticed was the person’s eyes. The bright clear blue full of resilience. My fog that was clouded over my mind snapped away quickly and everything that had happened came back to me.

    “Steve” I said, trying to sit up. He sat up quickly and grabbed my good arm, pulling all of my weight off my shoulder. I still felt the twinge of pain but I pushed it away as I let him help me up.

    “Don‘t look so scared, I‘m fine.” I said, feeling his fear and after I got in a sitting position, it shined on his face.

    “Lana, Abraham-” I rose my hand up to touch Steve’s shoulder and he looked back at me. After a few seconds, he looked away and towards one of the white walls before sitting down on the edge of the bed. His elbows rested on his large thighs and one of his hands ran through his hair.

    “I know.” I whispered to him. I kept my hand on his shoulder and I moved my legs over the edge, setting my bare feet on the linoleum. I noticed that my regular clothes had been changed into a button down tan shirt and pants that were both way to big for my small frame.

    One of his hands rested on top of mine that was on his shoulder and he squeezed it. We didn’t say anything for a few minutes before someone opened the door to the room.

    Steve gave my hand one last squeeze before quickly shooting to his feet and putting a few large steps between us. I kept my eyes on him before dragging them to the nurse. She wore a white button down dress to her knees, white heels and a white cap with a red cross on it. 

    “How are you feeling, Miss. Graham.” The nurse asked, not even looking at me and I saw her eyes check out Steve from top to bottom. I rolled my eyes and cracked my neck, gaining the woman’s attention.

    “I’ve felt better.” I said, putting my weight on my shoulders before pushing myself off the bed. Both the nurse and Steve bolted to my side. Steve was closer and practically leaped to my side. He gripped my elbow and held me close to his side.

    “You shouldn’t do to much right now.” The nurse said once she was close, her attention finally on my gun wound.

    “I’m fine.” I said, trying to convince both of the people that were staring me down. I reached up to my wounded shoulder and touched the padding. Finding the edge of the tape, I ripped it off quickly.

    The nurse squeaked in protest and reached for the nearest rag and reached for my shoulder. Roughly, she moved the collar of my shirt off and went to press the rag it. She stopped in mid air and stared like a fish out of water for a whole minute.

    “Told you.” I said, smiling and gently moving her hands away. The wound had completely shut and was no longer bleeding.

    “It’ll be tender for a few days and sore much longer but I’ll live.” my voice lurched the woman from her shocked state and she nodded once before quickly leaving the room.

    “That‘s incredible!” Steve said amazed just as the door shut softly.

    “You‘ll be the same way. It was put in all of Abraham‘s serums” My words dragged out and they immediately filled the room with grief. Steve and I had both lost someone important in our lives today.