Germany and Schmidt

I know it's the day after update day but, I hit +500 readers on my Pacific Rim story, so it's only fair to update them both :3. So Enjoy my Capcicle lovers!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Graham and my own twist on the Captain America movie.

“Goodnight, Lana.” Steve’s voice cut through my thoughts and I looked up at him, smiling. We stopped in front of my apartment door, hand in hand and smiling from ear to ear.

    “Goodnight Steve.” If he kept smiling that heart stopping smile, I knew he’d give me a heart attack. But at least I’d die the happiest woman in the world.

    When he pulled me close to him again, I knew what was coming and met his lips with mine in a brief, sweet kiss. Even the short ones left tingles in my toes. He pulled away, smiling once again.

    “Breakfast tomorrow?” Steve asked, keeping me close to him. All I could do was nod, flashing him a smile. He chuckled and I could feel the rumble through his chest.

    “Goodnight.” He watched me as I tried to unlock my apartment door with shaky hands. Just as he reached to help, the door flew open, startling me. We both laughed a little and it was silent for a few seconds. My cheeks flamed red with embarrassment.

    “Goodnight.” I said, about to walk into the apartment and try to gain back some dignity before I felt Steve grab my hand and squeeze lightly, pulling me easily back to him.

    His lips dipped down to mine, giving my body a through deep shudder. When he pulled away, I realized one of his fingers played with a curl while his other hand held me firmly to him. That was the best goodnight kiss ever.

    Steve made sure I got inside and had my door shut before making his way down the hall, hands tucked into his pants. I waited till he was down the hall more before silently opening the door and peeking to watch him leave.

    There was a spring in his step and his whole body wasn’t stiff as a board. He looked totally content and relaxed, something I’d never seen in him before. After he turned the corner and disappeared towards the stairs, I returned to my small apartment, shutting the door quietly.

    With a screech of excitement, I threw myself on my couch and shoved my face in one of the throw pillows. I laughed like a little girl for a few minutes before I told myself to calm down and get a shower. I had a date in the morning.

~ ~ ~

    Weeks turned into months as Steve continued to do the same act in various cities. We traveled to Buffalo, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago, and many more I couldn’t even try to remember.

    They even added in a pretend Hitler, who Steve knocks out at the very end of his show. The kids loved that, and the parents seemed to as well. The Captain even got his own comic book and stared in commercials at movie theaters. Everyone loved Captain America.

    Dating a superhero was hard, but we made it work. On the day of a show, it was hectic and I barely saw Steve but I was alright with that, I knew he was a busy man. When I did see him, however, he showed me he was thinking of me. Once I passed him in the hall of a theater in Toledo and he tucked a rose behind me ear before being whisked off.    

    Another time I didn’t see him all day, not even walking the halls, and I had gone back to my room to get ready for his show that night when there was knock at my door. I was running late, trying to see if I could get even a glance at him before he went onstage. I had gotten my newest purchase, a flowy, short red dress and white heels, when I opened the door. There stood Steve, in his costume, shield and all, offering his arm to escort me downstairs just minutes before he had to be onstage.