The Kiss

I won't keep you guys any longer, no cliffhanger this time, pinky promise :3

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Graham and my own twist on the Captain America movie :)

  “Wow, what a dame!” an unfamiliar voice whistled after I was roughly shoved into the alley. I stumbled a step before getting my balance and putting my back against the nearest brick wall.

    It was almost impossible to see in the alley, all the light seemed to be sucked from the walkway. I reached out with my abilities and felt three people, all men and all of them facing me. Two of them were tall and built, standing beside each other. The third was off to the side and small in both height and size. I felt his fear of being caught. When the one that spoke reached out to me, I smacked his hand away.

    “She’s feisty as well.” His friend close to his side snickered, taking a step forward.

    “Leave me alone.” I said evenly, successfully hiding the shaking in my voice.

    “She’s wearing a guy’s jacket. We shouldn’t do this, what if he comes looking for her?” the man off to the side said, motioning to my clothes and wringing his fingers together.

    “Then I’ll take care of him.” The air grew thicker with tension when the guy who grabbed me pulled out something from his pocket. I felt around with my senses till I knew it was a switch blade, the deadly sharp part still hidden inside.

    “What’s your name, princess?” the weapon holder took a step forward and I could start to make out his features. His nose was huge while the rest of him was tall and built, not nearly as tall as Steve but was close.

    “None of your business.” I said, feeling the man before me out.

    I was looking for any previous injury that still gave him trouble. I was just about to go the old faithful route and hit him where the sun didn’t shine when I felt a dull pain in my lower right leg, from an injury not my own. I knew right away the man got it from doing something similar to this and the police broke his leg when he ran from them.

    I kicked out my left foot, hitting the sore spot hard with the tip of my boot. The man before me crumbled to the dirty ground, grabbing his leg. I took it as my chance to run.

    “Jesus! How’d she- Nevermind! Get her!” I didn’t realize how far I was pulled into the alley until I ran towards where I came from. It was a good distance before I felt arm around my middle pick me up and turn around, walking me back the way I came.

    “Get off me!” I screeched, flailing in the man’s arms. This guy was bigger than the other and easily kept my crazy limbs from hitting him.

    “Hold her down!” The man let me go and I fell to the ground flat on my bum, feeling an ache start up my back.

    Just as I was about to get back up, hands gripped my shoulders and pushed me onto the concrete hard, knocking my head off the ground. Everything turned a little fuzzy for a few seconds before I recovered, feeling a weight above me and a warm alcohol soaked breath on my face. I quickly turned my face to the side when I felt his lips near mine. 

    “Do you know what happens to little girl’s that don’t play nice.” the leader of the pack asked, kissing my cheek with slobbery lips before moving to my neck. I jerked and shifted, trying to get any movement in that I could, trying to get free anywhere. Both men easily overpowered me.

    “They get punished.” my whole body turned to stone when I heard the blade switch from it’s sheath and felt the cold metal on my neck. I squinted my eyes shut, trying to shut out what was about to happen to me.

    “Get off her!” The weight on my shoulders and above my body quickly went away. The blade swiped my neck lightly, drawing a light stream of blood but just missing my artery. My mind snapped back to reality when I recognized the voice. A fourth person was in the alley now, standing at my feet, putting himself between me and my attackers.

     “Steve!” I stumbled to my feet, reaching for his strong back.

    “I told you guys!” the scrawny one shouted, already running away. The other two stood their ground. Switchblade held onto his knife and got into a fighting stance, the other doing the same weaponless.

    The blood on the blade shined in the dim light and I could tell he saw it. It immediately made him see red and take a threatening step towards the pair. I felt their anxiety and fear grow tenfold as the huge man took another step closer.

    “If you all want to live to see another day, I suggest you get out of here.” I’d never heard Steve’s voice so cold and deadly. It sent chills down my back and gave me a horrible feeling in my stomach, just like it did to the guys in front of him. Only ten times worse and I was pretty sure Switchblade was going to pee his pants.

    “Now.” the blade dropped to the ground as they turned on their heels, taking off down the alley without turning back to see if Steve was following them.

    It was silent between us, his back still to me. I reached my hand out to him, taking another step forward.

    “Steve..” I said quietly, almost close enough to touch him.

    “I’m fine.” My clearer voice and touch seemed to put him out of whatever world he thrust himself into because he whirled to face me, snatching my wrist easily in his hand and pushing my back into the closest wall.

    He towered over me, cocooning me with his body. He kept himself at an arms length as he leaned against the wall with one hand and the other still wrapped around my wrist. Not so much to hurt me but enough for me to feel he didn’t want to let go.

    “Why couldn’t you just keep ahold of my hand?! My only request was for you to stay close! And you couldn’t even do that! Your such a rebel, in you clothes, your attitude, everything about you!” Anger seeped into me from him, I knew he’d be upset when he found me. But this rage almost didn’t have a meaning, at least to him. I felt around for more of his feelings.

    “When I found you, you hadn’t seen me yet because you were trying so hard to stand taller. I was so close, Lana. I was right there, pushing through the people to grab your hand when I saw you get pulled into the alley.” I knew this feeling, this emotion that was gripping his whole body and put him on edge, made him worry. I reached up with my other hand to touch his cheek.

    “Ste-” He grabbed both of my hands, pulling them up to his face where they cupped his cheeks. They felt extremely warm under my chilled hands. My eyes never left Steve’s bright blue ones.

    “I was so scared, Lana, and not for me. I was scared I’d lose you. I don’t want to lose you, I can‘t.” Fear. That was the most prominent thing pouring from him. And he was right, it wasn’t fear for him, it was fear for my safety. His eyes closed and he took in a deep breath. Opening them again, he looked down at my neck and touched it lightly.

    “It’s not deep.” I said, feeling him relax ever so slightly as he drew his hand away.

    “You’re my best friend.” I felt my heart ache painfully in my chest at his words. It started to beat out of rhythm and my breathing stopped.

    “And your so much more than that. Your always on my mind. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing, eating, rehearsing, even sleeping, your always there.” My heart started acting weirder, fluttering back to life and beat so quickly, I was taking in quick breaths. He took a step forward and moved his hands to my face.

    “Lana, I need you in my life. That‘s why I have to see you everyday and spend every second I can with you. You make me feel human, like a person. You even made me feel like that before I became this.. This ‘thing‘.”

    “You are not a ‘thing’.” My voice was harsh and stern. Steve’s eyes widened as my grey ones turned to slits. Moving my hands from his face, one ended up on my hip while the other poked his chest, right where I felt his suddenly fast beating heart.

    “Steve Rogers, Brooklyn slum born hero from birth. Never backs down from a fight and always stands his ground. No matter his size, he stands tall. And someone very important to, not only the whole nation as Captain America, to Abraham as his final experiment, but to me, as exactly who you are.” I start off stern, keeping that tone of voice until I get to Abraham’s name and finally getting quieter until I finish, slightly breathless. When I brought up myself and how I felt about him, his gaze snapped from the ground up to my eyes.

    “That‘s who you are.” I said, moving my hands to my sides.

    Steve looked in my eyes for a few moments before closing the space between us, grabbing my face in his strong hands and pushing me back into the wall. When his lips finally crushed into mine, I rose to my tiptoes to get more, moving my hands to his arms and gripping tightly.

    My world seemed to spin and melt all at once. But it felt wonderful and I welcomed it. With buckling knees, I felt myself loosen. My whole being felt complete and full of love, protection and care. When Steve finally pulled away, just far enough to where our lips barely brushed one another, I felt his fear and doubt settle in.

    I moved my arms around his neck and pulled his lips back towards mine, pulling myself flush against him. His arms moved around my back, holding my firmly to him and his bad feeling subsided quickly and was replaced with new confidence. Confidence in my feelings and in us.

    This time when we separated the kiss, neither of us moved. He kept me close and I held him tightly. It made sure the both of us stayed standing.

    “Lana Graham.” My name rolled from his lips and I smiled up at him.

    “I think I’m falling for you.” Just when I thought my heart couldn’t race anymore, it grew to an even faster pace and my knees grew weak all over again.

    “I think I am too, Steve Rogers.” I whispered, as he leaned down for another kiss.

AWWW!!!!!!!! :D How cuteee!!! Come on, you guys can comment, I promise I won't bite :P