You Wanted

My Pacific Rim story is taking off like a wild fire! That's good news for you readers so well, here's another update early :) Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lana Grahan and my own twist on the Captain America movie :)

“Lana, are you alright?” I felt Peggy’s concern before her hand touched my shoulder lightly. I turned to look at her, smiling as much as I could.

    “Fine.” I said, almost monotone.

    “Dear, you haven‘t ate for days.” She cooed, trying to direct our walking forms to the dining hall.

    I shook my head and took a step away from my helpful friend. She stopped as well and looked over my frame. I was in no mood for food, or conversation and Peggy knew it. She was just concerned about the state I was in.

    Since we’d gotten back from Germany, Steve and I haven’t exactly been on the best of talking terms. He was still upset at my choice to throw myself at the enemies like that but, I felt the overpowering need to reconcile with me. And I didn’t need my powers to tell me he wanted to throw his arms around me and hold on forever. But he had yet to do it. And it was nearly killing me.

    “I‘ll see you at dinner.” I tried a smile again, turning on my heels and walking away.

    “Lana, wait.” I stopped in my tracks again and looked over my shoulder at Peggy.

    “Does this have anything to do with the Captain?” She hit the nail right on the head, and I concealed the flinch that wanted to show but I gave her a tight lipped smile instead.

    “Don‘t worry about it, Peggy.” I threw over my shoulder as I finally started down the main hallway towards Stark’s lab. There was enough space in there that I could find a small corner to crawl into and hide out for a while.

    “Miss. Graham.” Hearing my last name, I turned my head to the left and nodded at Bucky. He had yet to talk to me since we’d gotten back as well.

    “Hello Bucky, is it alright if I call you that?” I asked and he gave me a smile that would make girls swoon over him. If I wasn’t so completely and totally in love with Steve, I’m sure I’d swoon over it too.

    “Of course.” He nodded, keeping that smile on his face.

    “I have a favor.” He stuck his hands in his pockets and looked down at his boots, his happy feelers quickly turning serious.

    “Go talk to Steve.” My breath hitched in my chest.

    “Bucky-” I tried to explain what had happened but, of course, he was there. He saw everything that went down between Steve and I even after we got back from the mission.

    “He‘s miserable. And proud. Too proud to try and work things out with you.” Bucky said, finally meeting your eyes. I felt and saw the need he had to take away some of his best friend’s torture.

    “I don‘t know what kind of relationship you two had before Schmidt‘s facility incident, but you gotta fix it.” He continued.

    “For both of your sakes.” My whole being softened, he knew how much we were both suffering then. I felt resolve stiffen my back and I knew what I had to do. I had to try and work things out because I loved him.

    “Thank you Bucky. You’re a very good friend.” I touched his arm as I breezed past him. I had to find the Captain.

    “Anytime.” Bucky said over his shoulder.

    “And if things don‘t work out with you two, Don‘t forget about good ol‘ Bucky.” I laughed for the first time in a few days, gave him a friendly wave and headed back the way I came. I had to find the Captain.

    “Have you seen the Captain?” I piped up the Peggy as soon as I saw her, looking around like she was hunting for something, or someone, as well.

    “I was actually looking for him myself.” She said, taking in my slightly more energized tone and smiled warmly at me.

    “Four eyes are better than two.” I said, smiling back at her as we walked side by side, looking for the towering man.

    The more we walked, the more I wanted to find Steve. To tell him I loved him. To wrap my arms around him and tell him how sorry I was. In that moment, I wished on everything I could wish on that I’d find him around the next corner. I just needed to see him.

    After asking a few people, we found out that Colonel Phillips had asked for his audience so we headed towards the back most office. Right in front of the Colonel’s door was his receptionist’s desk. And leaning on the desk was a blonde who had a tight hold on, not only his tie, but the lips of a very familiar face.

    “Captain!” Peggy cried and the two broke apart. Steve nearly pushed the blonde on her ass as his eyes shot from her, to Peggy and finally to me. 

    “Were ready for you. If your not other wise occupied.” Peggy’s voice dripped disapproval and angry.

    “I‘m going to make my leave, Peggy.” I finally found my voice, and with it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I quickly turned on my heels and made for the exit.

    “Lana, wait.” I heard Steve’s voice but I ignored it as I continued my brisk walk. With every step he took closer, the more the tears wanted to pour.

    “Lana!” Just before I felt his hand try to grab for my arm, hot molten rage shot through me and I was quick to turn on my heels and stand nose to nose with him.

    The anger replaced the pain, for now, and I let it fuel my words.

    “Don‘t you lay another finger on me, Captain Rogers, or you won‘t have any fingers left.” I said low, threateningly as he took a step away from me, his hands up in surrender.

    “Let me explain-” I shut down my powers the best I could. The last thing I needed was to feel his heartbreaking pain.

    “There‘s nothing to explain in that, Captain.” I continued, advancing on him again.

    “Would you quit calling me that!” Steve exclaimed, upset that I was using his title, something I only used when I was truly upset.

    “You wanted your title? You got it.” I poked his chest, taking a step towards him. He never moved a muscle.

    “You wanted your rank and respect? You got it.” I kept going, poking his chest with every sentence I finished.

    “You wanted women falling at your feet? I guess you got that too.” My voice broke and a tear slipped from my eyes.

    Instead of poking him again, my hand rested on his chest. Being this close, there was no way I could block out the gut wrenching, heart stabbing pain that rocked through him. It mirrored my own but I tried hard to not give in.

    “You don‘t need me anymore.” More tears fell as the words set in a finality that rocked my whole world. He didn’t need me anymore.

    “I always need you.” Steve said, his own voice broken and when I finally looked up at him, his eyes brimmed with tears as well.

    “Lana, please.” He tried again, a single tear falling down his handsome face. I reached my fingers to catch it before it fell off his chin and took a step away from him.

    “Goodbye Captain.” When I turned on my heels, Steve didn’t stop me. His pain and disappointment in himself pushed itself onto my back and it continued to bring more tears to my eyes.

    In spite, I thought about how I had wished I’d find Steve so I could try and work things out with him.

    I had found the Captain all right.

Poor Lana :'( Comment your thoughts! :D.... Please? :3 And don't forget to rate and vote too!