Chapter 8 ~ Regret is Torture

Start from the beginning

I growled at this thumping in my soul that made me feel weak... but it felt good in a way. After I had finished tying her wrists together, I pulled out my whip with a smirk. The girl looked at me with frightened eyes. One half of me enjoyed her reaction while the other didn't. But I already made myself ready for this moment, didn't I? And just to make sure no one in the castle would hear her scream, I used the cloth that I brought with me and put it over her mouth.

Her voice was muffled through the clothing. I raised my whip and striked down onto her back, twice. The girl tried to scream out in agony. I could see her eyes filled with tears, her sobs were muffled. Before I could even hit her a second time, I instantly stopped in my tracks, not knowing why my body wouldn't let me. As I looked back down at her fragile body, I felt regret. But why? I didn't even get to use my knife yet! She continued to sob while I slightly panicked on the inside. Was I supposed to comfort her? Call one of the others? Wait, no, Nightmare would kill me if he found out that I damaged the human on purpose. I rolled my eyes and brought myself to strike down once more, with more force, trying to ignore that feeling of being 'sorry'.

Her last attempt to scream made me frown. I had no idea why, but I didn't enjoy her pain one bit. Feeling regret, I subconsciously pulled out her soul. My eye sockets widened in shock at the state of her soul.

"Oh fuck."

Ink's POV (In Undertale)

"Explain." Toriel demanded. Oh boy, here goes nothing. "Um, well, wh-what would you like to know?" She gave me an 'Are-You-Serious-Now?'-look. "First of all, who are you? Where is my child? And why did I see footprints similar to Sans's?" I gave her a nervous smile. "W-Well, you see... I'm actually an alternate version of Sans. My name is Ink Sans, or just Ink. My job is it to protect the universes." She crossed her arms, waiting for me to get to the main part. I sighed. "And, where your 'child' is... I-I'm not sure tibia honest." Oh crap. Did I really just use a pun?

Toriel gave me her sharp glare again, that look sent shivers down my spine, no wonder I was so nervous. One wrong word and I'd be doomed.

"But!" I started, trying to bring her back to her calm side. "I think I know who might have taken her-" Suddenly Toriel's fist made contact with the wall an inch next to me skull. I yelped in surprise as Toriel's face came closer to mine, with a scowl she darkly asked, "Who took my child, Ink?"

Oh my fucking tin of holy paint, that was terrifying! (Ink physical: o_o' | Ink mental: ;-; | Author: Why am I laughing while writing this? XD)

"Evil alternate versions of Sans kidnapped her! W-We're already working on g-getting her b-back!" I panicked as my eye sockets became hollow, fearing the goat lady in front of my skull. I could see Sans looking at her, almost as terrified as I was, but I was far more terrified. Holy crap, I've never seen Toriel this angry before... I hoped that I wouldn't have to deal with that side of her ever again once the human returns safely.

Toriel pulled her hand away from the wall and silently walked to the door. Still with eye sockets wide open in fear, I slowly turned to the wall with now a giant crater in it, then I looked back at her. "It seems as if you could find her on your own, so I will not bother you any further on your search for (Y/N)." Sans and me looked at each other in relief.

"But," We looked back at the lady's back as she opened the door. "if you don't find her and return her within the next month, I will bring her back myself. No matter if I need to cross universes. Her soul needs to be taken care of, it's not one of the soul traits that have passed the Ruins." And with that Toriel closed the door behind her.

I took a deep breath to calm down. I usually don't swear much, but...

"Holy fuck. Remind me to bitch-slap the villains for making me experience Toriel's pissed off side. Jesus, that was fucking terrifying! I really do not wish to see her like that ever again.

[Published: 4/25/17]