Chapter Sixteen

My father remained clueless, while Jeremy was absolutely shell-shocked the entire time.

"Dad!" He tried to call for his attention.

"Shhh. I'm trying to watch the movie," my father would reply before falling back asleep.

When the end credits began to roll, the six of us stood up and strolled out of the doors. The cold autumn wind hit my bare shoulders, since I was wearing a tank top, and I shuttered. Grayson noticed, and slid his sweatshirt over his head.

"Here, take this," he guided it over my head. It dropped down past my thighs, and it was double the size of my waist. The sweatshirt smelled of his cologne that I loved so much.

"Thank you," I pecked his lips and leaned onto him as we walked to the car in the dark. He wrapped his long, tan arm around my shoulder.

"Hey!" Grayson was suddenly energetic as we climbed into the back seat. "Tomorrow's Saturday! We can spend the entire day doing whatever we want together."

"Within reason," my dad shot, then chuckled.

"Of course, sir," Grayson spoke humbly. I laughed at him.

"So what do you want to do?" He twirled my hair. "Do you want to go on a hike? Do you want to go to the park? Do you want to go on a picnic? Do you want to go swimming? Do you want to just chill? Do you want to hang out with your friends? Do you-"

"Gray," I interrupt. "I just want to spend time with you. Whatever we do is fine, as long as I'm with you." I touch his nose with my pinky. His beautiful grin was visible, even in the midnight light.