Chapter One

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and I shoved my way through the hallway. The first day of school was always anxiety-riddled, but my sophomore year was going to be the worst.

Over the summer, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years, Justin. I found out he was cheating on me, and that's unforgivable in my book. I spent the rest of the summer locked in my room, watching Stranger Things and listening to Ed Sheeran.

"Becca!" I heard my best friends, Korie, Sarah, and Lorna shout in unison. I turned around to see them flailing their arms in the air.

"Hey, guys!" I hug them. "Let's walk to theatre together," I suggest and we shuffle along.

"Have you seen Justin yet?" Korie asked.

I rolled my eyes. "No. Have you?"

"He's in my home room," Lorna added. "He didn't acknowledge me, though."

"Screw him," Korie interjected. "He's a horrible person. He doesn't deserve you."

I attempted to reply to my reassuring friends, but I suddenly hit what felt like a brick wall. All of my papers and my phone fell to the floor. I squatted to pick them up, look up, and see the face of an angel.

"I am so sorry," his low voice rang in my ears. He flashed a pearly smile at me. I felt a rush of heat crawl across my face.

"I-I-I- it was my fault. I'm sorry," I bolted up and walked on.

"Who was that?" Sarah spoke in awe.

"I'm pretty sure his name is Grayson Dolan," Korie whispered to me. "His brother is on the wrestling team. Ethan," she hummed.

"Ahhh. The one you have a huge crush on."

"NO! No. We're just friends."

"Sure..." Lorna teased her.

"Okay. Back to Grayson," I pressed.

"Becca, just be forward. You're obviously in love at first sight," Sarah nudged my shoulder gingerly.

That's not possible though.

Is it?