Chapter Three

I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket as I did weighted squats with Korie. She pulled the weights off of my shoulders so I could answer my phone.

"Hello?" I spoke into the device.

"Hey, Becca. Do you need me to pick you up from weight training?" My mother' voice slipped through the phone.

"Ummm," I hummed. "I'll see if I can get a ride from someone else. I don't want you to have to come all the way across town. I'll text you if I can't get a ride."

"Okay sweetie. Stay safe. Stay hydrated. Love you!"

"Love you, too, mom. Bye."

"Hey," Korie whispered. "Maybe we can get a ride from Grayson and Ethan."

"I don't know. Maybe," I got concerned thinking about asking him for such a favor.

"Just go ask him," Korie shoved my shoulder.

"Fine. Fine. I'll go."

"Hey, Becca." Ethan and Grayson greeted me with identical smiles.

"Hey so um do you think maybe Korie and I could possibly somehow sort of get a ride home?" I felt my hands shake around my now sweaty phone.

"Oh course," Ethan cheered.

"Well, brother, she has to pay the fee," Grayson interjected.

Fee? Wtf?

I could tell Ethan was thinking the same way I was.

"We will be happy to give you a ride home, for one small price of your phone number," Grayson beamed.

"Fine," I spat, jokingly.

"Alright," Grayson clapped his hands. "Meet us at our car right outside and I will be waiting with my phone."

I rolled my eyes. He's such a dork.

As I began to walk away, a couple of guys around him began to whistle.

"Back off!" I heard Grayson shout. "I called dibs," he audibly whispered.

Oh. My. God.

Is this really happening?

Am I in love with Grayson Dolan?