Chapter Fifteen

This picture is completely irrelevant to the story. He just looks hot af.

I breathed a sigh of relief when Grayson picked the new superhero movie (I don't know which one; that's not my thing). He purchased a tub of popcorn and a soda for the two of us to share. My dad got popcorn and drinks for Jeremy and himself.

The employee tore our tickets and we were ushered into theater 7. As our tradition goes, we went to the very top row.

"Nobody is here," Grayson observed as he looked around the empty theater.

"Probably because it's so late," Jeremy offered. I nodded in agreement. Grayson sat down, I joined him on his left side; Jeremy sat next to me, then my dad on his other side.

Jeremy stretched his long arm over my shoulders. "Gotta protect my little sis." His eyes darted to Grayson's. I felt Grayson's hand retract from my thigh, where it was resting harmlessly.

"Jeremy- chill," I hissed quietly. He flinched and pulled his arm away. I grabbed Grayson's and wrapped it around my shoulders. The opening trailers flashed across the screen, and I felt Grayson relax around me.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him.

"I'm fine. Jeremy's just a little tense, and I want to be respectful." My heart melted at his response.

"Hey!" I jumped up. "Korie! Ethan!" I shouted to the couple walking into the theater. Korie made eye contact with me as I waved frantically.

"Hey, Becca!" She rushed up the stairs and into our row.

Ethan sat on the other side of Grayson, and Korie sat on the other side of Ethan.

The movie was quite boring to me, but I attempted to stay awake so Grayson didn't feel bad. Grayson had noticed that I started to doze off when I lied my head onto his shoulder.

I think he assumed I was asleep because I heard him whisper to Ethan. "I really like her, bro. I've never felt this way about anyone before. Although her brother has been testing me all night, I think I might even love her."

My heart jumped in my chest, and I felt my face grow warm. "I might love you, too, Grayson," I whispered faintly.

He immediately got really embarrassed, but he pulled me closer to him and kissed by forehead.

"Kiss her for real, bro," Ethan encouraged.

Grayson looked to Ethan, then back to me. I raised my eyebrow, challenging him to kiss me 'for real.' Suddenly, his lips were on mine. I breathed air in through my nose, as the kiss shocked me. My stomach tied into a knot and my shaking hands forced themselves to his chiseled cheeks.

Seconds went by, but it only felt like it had been a second when he pulled away. I turned to look at my dad, who was asleep, and Jeremy, who was visibly angered.

"Oh well," I shrugged, turned back to Grayson, and kissed him again.