Chapter Five

I pulled the string of my swimsuit around my neck and tied it. It was a one piece, coral in color, covered with a blue flower pattern. Then, I grabbed a big t-shirt and slipped it on.

Korie scavenged through my drawers until she found a black bikini with pink detailed trimming. Once we were both dressed, I checked my phone and saw a text from Gray.

Grayson: We're outside 😉

I then heard the doorbell ring.

The two stood there, Ethan holding Oreos and a cooler, I assume holding drinks. Grayson held a speaker and his phone, ready to play music.

After ushering them into the house, I led them to the backyard where water rushed down the slide. Korie lied sprawled out on a lawn chair. A towel was draped at her feet, large sunglasses covered her eyes, and headphones played music in her ears.

Ethan jogged over to the pool and sipped a cup in the water.

"Ethan! Don't you dare!" I shouted in attempt to save my unaware friend.

He only laughed as he tossed the water across her body. I heard a squeal come from her mouth and she jolted up. "Ethan!" Korie screeched. "I'm gonna kill you!" She stood up and began to chase him around the pool. Soon, she had jumped onto his muscular back.

I could see the idea register in Ethan's eyes as he reeled back to canon ball into the pool. Korie sucked in a deep breath of air as they surfaced.

"Ethan!" She splashed him in the face, and he jolted back.

In reaction, he grabbed her shoulders, pulled her close, and kissed her. The kiss lasted for about five seconds until I felt awkward and looked to Grayson. I could tell he was grossed out by a simple read of facial expressions.

"Do you want some lemonade?" I asked him in order to distract from Korie and Ethan.

"Sure," Grayson replied and followed me back inside.

The ice crackled as I poured lemonade into red plastic cups.

"So..." I scanned by brain for something to talk about. "Do you want to hear why I didn't leave my room for the entire summer?"