Chapter Fourteen

Grayson began to wriggle in his seat, clearly uncomfortable. Jeremy pressed on with his uncomfortable questions.

"Hey, dad. Why don't we all go to a movie?" I suggest, attempting to save Grayson.

"That sounds great!" My dad stood and rinsed his plate in the sink.

"I'll drive," Jeremy shot up.

I rolled my eyes discreetly, so only Grayson could see, making him laugh quietly.

"I'm trying to save you," I mouth to him.

"Thank you," he mouthed back and winked. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed the top on my head.

Grayson and I haven't actually kissed. Like, nothing real, if that make sense. He kissed my forehead, and cheeks, but I want our first real kiss to be real.

It may seem as if we're rushing into this, but I just feel so connected to him.

"Okay, y'all. Let's go!" Jeremy dashed out of the front door.

"What's his deal?" I nudged my dad; Grayson held my other hand.

"Not sure. He probably just misses going to the movies," my dad climbed into the the passenger side of his Jeep. Grayson and I slid into the back seat.

I lied my head on Grayson's lap and stretched out in the back seat. He fiddled my hair and I fiddled with my hands.

Jeremy and my dad discussed politics, making Grayson and I to further ignore them.

"Okay, so what are we seeing?" My father questioned.

"How about Grayson picks?" Jeremy suggested, and it clicked. This was his final test. It may sound odd, but taste in movies are very important to Jeremy.