Night of passion

3:17AM.

I was wide awake, my heart thundering against my chest. Normally after a long wedding i would be knocked out on my bed, most probably still in the heavy traditional clothes. But tonight was different. Tonight was my wedding night.

It had been the longest day ever, i hadnt slept last night, because my nerves had me going crazy. That, and my sisters and cousins kept asking me how i felt every 5 mins. Joys of an asian family i guess. Then everyone was up at 5AM to start the rituals. I love my background, but it was not doing wonders for my mental health.

The day seemed to pass by in a blur, hair and make up, followed by pictures, and the ceremony. Then more pictures, and again hair and make up, complete with a change of clothes (and matching undergarments, much to my embarrassment). The rest of the evening was spent feasting, with overly loud music, and a ridiculous amount of traditions and rituals.

I couldnt focus on any of it to be honest. All my attention was on the man seated next to me. My husband. Just saying the word sent jolts of electricity soaring through my body. It had been 4 years since we had waited for this day, and in those 4 years we had only met twice. With parental supervision.

Which is why i was dying now. I knew what was supposed to happen tonight, kind of. Older cousins, even his sisters had hinted at it, but i just didn't know where to start. Most of my friends would have laughed at me. They all had their first kiss by 16, gone to 'third base' (whatever that was) by our first year at uni, and no one had left university a virgin, most had lost it before starting. Except me. I hadnt even kissed a boy. My cheeks coloured just thinking about how naive i was. What would he think?

********************************************
Hey guys! So this chapter is just here to set the scene, but the real R-rated stuff starts in the next chapter. Please be sensible and don't read on if you're not old enough to. And if you are.... Then enjoy!! ;)