Chapter 20 ~ Home Sweet Home

Jay’s P.O.V

When we all returned home I ran upstairs and hopped into the shower letting the boiling water relax my tense muscles. I hadn’t spoken a word to anyone after Sebastian died; everyone was looking at me with concern. While everyone was smiling and cheerful, I was frowning and my eyes were like stone, I was showing no emotion. I couldn’t really blame them for being concerned we had beaten the rouges and I was the only one that wasn’t happy about that but then none of them had been there when Sebastian died, they didn’t hear his last words. They all thought that it was over. Boy, were they in for a surprise when I tell them the news. I know I should have probably told Penny or Alpha Sage straight away but I desperately wanted some time to myself to think.

I was in a sombre mood, I was angry at myself. I had let myself get kidnapped, put the packs in danger and I was responsible for the lives we lost last night. Pack members searched through the bodies searching for any wolves that belonged to the packs, in total we lost 24 wolves. From my pack we only lost four members which is quite good considering that we could have lost more but it was still heart-breaking to lose a family member.

I stayed in the shower for a couple more minutes before getting out and changing into some comfy clothes, black yoga pants, a white thick jumper and white fluffy socks to match. I wasn’t going anywhere any time soon so I thought I’d try to relax.

Once I was dressed I looked at the clock on my bedside table, it was half seven in the morning. The fight had gone on into the early hours of the morning. I debated whether or not I should go and find Penny or Alpha Sage and tell them what I found out but I don’t know if they were resting.

Only one way to find out, I thought. I crept out of my room and started making my way towards Penny’s office. I was thankful that I decided to wear my fluffy socks as they muffled the sound of my feet on the wooden flooring so no one would hear me. It didn’t take me long to reach Penny’s office and I was relieved to see that Penny was still up; I could also see that she wasn’t alone. Penny was sat at her desk with Leon and sat before them was Cameron and Alpha Sage. They were all in loose fitting clothes just like I was. They obviously had the same idea that I did. None of them noticed that I was crouched hiding behind the door. I was in a prime position to hear their conversation.

“I’d say that last night was a big success!” Alpha Sage said triumphantly.

“I agree, although we did loss a larger number of wolves than I imagined.” Leon agreed.

"There wasn’t anything we could do, we knew that we were going to lose some but I’d say that it was better than I expected.”  Leon only nodded in response.

“Have any of you checked on Jay?” Cameron piped up.

They all shook their heads then Penny spoke. “I think she just needs some time to herself. You saw her when it was over, she looked like a zombie.”

“I suppose you’re right.” Cameron muttered. “I’m just worried about her.”

Cameron was worried about me? I know that being in the cell had brought us closer together and Cameron had said those three little words but I didn’t think he would be this worried about me. Did I really look that bad after the fight?

“I know you are Cameron but she’ll be okay. She’ll tell us what’s wrong when she’s ready.” Penny smiled reassuringly.

I guess it’s time to make myself known. I stood up from behind the door and knocked their heads swivelled round to face me. I didn’t show any emotion, I was still in my hole of nothingness and that was what I felt, nothing. No one stood up from their chairs they stayed seated and stared.