Chapter 12 Games that we play

Start from the beginning

War game? My mind immediately flashed back to the deserted road where I first seen a Legre, the encounter that had thrust me into the world of POE and involuntarily. I shuddered at the thought of what would have happened to Viktor if I wasn't there. He would probably be torn into a million pieces before the police arrived to save the others. A POE war game, sounds like a lot of trouble to me. Legres running around, burning buildings falling apart. Sounds like money. Wasted.

'Everything is not real in the stimulation room.' Joan added, ' The stimulation room stimulate your surrounding and the obstacles, we are basically just running around in a big room.'

Well, they really could have said that in the beginning, it's actually rather annoying how they never explain anything and expect everyone to already know. If it's not real, then I guess a little more experience in facing them is good. Then it occurred to me.

'But we are real, right? What if someone gets seriously hurt?' I asked, which again made everyone laugh. I resist the overwhelming urge to roll my eyes and waited for an answer.

'We are all given a bracelet, which keeps our score and protect us from this. And there is always Mr Oscar.' Joan chirped, everyone nodded in agreement.

'So no one has ever got seriously hurt?' I asked in confirmation, because honestly, this sounds like the perfect time to get even with someone to me. Especially with guys like Fred Bowen who didn't give a dime about who he hurts on campus. I am pretty sure Fred Bowen can easily freeze a bracelet and break it. But everyone just shook their heads and Miss Whitaker laughed, patting my shoulder.

'You are awfully concern about this.' She said, ' There are rules for this games, and there are teachers patrolling around to make sure no one gets hurt, don't worry about it.'

I nodded, knowing that I was beginning to sound like a wimp to them. I just did not understand their thought process at all. Then an again of course the school would make sure we are safe. How many POEs are there in the world?

'The next game is in two weeks.' Megan said, ' Dungeons and Dragons occurs twice a term, you missed the first one. Not that it mattered, we were completely slaughtered.' She added grimly, folding her hands over her chest. 'But now that you are here, maybe we can change that.'

I forced a smile at her, how was I going to be any help? I had a nasty feeling that I was going to get myself eliminated within the first five minutes of the game. Fred Bowen will make sure of that.

'Anyway, you guys are suppose to get into your tutor groups and work on your power.' Miss Whitaker said, clapping her hands loudly or attention. I heard a few moans broke out upon the students but everyone split off and re-grouped accordingly.

'So where am I suppose to go?' I asked uncertainly, watching as people piled out of the common room.

'Go to Mr. Andrewson's office.' Miss Whitaker said, smiling at me before turning her attention back to the group that had gathered around her. Those must be her tutee.

I got up from my seat and wondered to myself if I could remember my way to Mr Andrewson's office, and who my fellow tutee will be. It appears that none of the other students in Mental Section were one, and judging from their reaction there weren't a lot who are.