it's all over

tw: gun violence,
injuries, & blood

tyler motioned towards ryan who was on floor, wallowing in his own pain after the wound inflicted on his hand and no one being there to treat it. he was dying a slow and painful death from blood loss.

and maybe that's what he deserved.

i stared at the knife, my hand frozen and numb, but the pain was still unbearable. there was only one way to get the blade; to take it out the same way it came in.

i hesitantly and with extreme caution grabbed the handle of the knife, and slowly i started pulling it out of my own flesh and bones. i could feel my bones start to crack and get shifted back into place as the knife retreated out of my hand, the blood still gushing from my hand. i was sobbing profusely, but i knew this was the only way to get it done, and this wasn't the worst of the injures today.

but i did it, i pulled the knife from out of my hand, and gripped it tightly in my other one. i couldn't feel my hand or my fingers, all being stuck in place from shock and shot nerves.

i looked over to see tyler glaring over at ryan, who was still in agonizing pain. tyler then came over to me and put his gun on the ground in front of me before sternly instructing, "end it."

he then walked off to join the others who were still dealing with jon and his potentially fatal wound. i slowly stood up and looked at the corpses all around me; sarahs, petes, gerards, and now frank was laying dead on the ground after tyler's last instinct of attack.

there was only one left.

i dropped the knife, and with tears still streaming down my face i stood up and grabbed the gun in my one good hand. i limped over to ryan and stood over him, putting my foot over his chest to hold him in place.

he was done struggling, he was done fighting. he was pretty much dead already. i stared into his eyes, both glassy and red from trauma. i pointed the gun at him, right to his head from where i stood, and was ready to finally finish it.

until he spoke up to say his last words.

"y--you don't know what you've done here-- to us-- to yourself," he began coughing from oxygen deprivation, "you became one of us josh... i'm sure tylers proud of the little killer he's made."

"i'm no killer," i said with a shaky breath, the gun now trembling in my hand, "but you're sure as hell gonna die by my hand." this made him laugh, which still divulged into coughing.

"my last dying wish for you," he smiled a crooked grin, "is for you to follow in tylers footsteps-- become a hitman and ruin hundreds-- hell, maybe even thousands of lives."

"the day i become a hitman is the day you spring back to life."

he shook his head, "fair point, fair point," the conversation went silent for a few seconds, before ryan squinted his eyes at me, a smile still on his face, "i still think you'd ace being one," he nodded, "you already helped ruin so many lives here today. frank and gerard... they were dating. pete has a daughter and a boyfriend... sarah was trying to find her parents-- and now," his eyes widened,

"they're all dead."

"y-you aren't gonna guilt trip me if that's what you're trying to d--" he cut me off, "hell i don't guilt trip people, i got nothing to lose at this point, joshua." he breathed a deep and shaky breath.

he closed his eyes, but his chest was still inclining and declining from breathing. he was still alive, but was done fighting. i made sure the guns safety was off as i inhaled before saying my last words and pulling the trigger,

"game over."