now or never

tw: honestly this whole book is a trigger but there's nothing in this chap that's triggering bc it's kind of a filler one

sarah and pete drew both of their guns, and frank stared blankly at his now dead "friend". it took him a few seconds, but he then took his gun out and aimed it at them too.

he was done helping us now.

"are you fucking kidding me?!" ryan bellowed, "why the shit are you going against us now?!" he looked at melanie from across the room, she smirked and didn't lower her gun.

"i'm tried of you stealing my name, ross." she remarked, ashley finished bandaging his knee, but he was still going to limp no matter what. she, through threats, helped him up, and he was now to his feet with a gun in hand.

i saw petes gaze shift towards jon, his eyes now narrow, "what?" he spoke up, "you turn against us too, bellion? don't you fucking remember who saved your ass?"

jon was the only one who wasn't holding a gun, his eyes staring down to the floor, melanie glared at him for not drawing his weapon, leaving them still outnumbered.

"i told you guys," sarah scoffed, "can't trust a druggie." she declared, jons eyes scowling forward, his demeanor now changing entirely when it came to sarah.

"oh hell," jon said in a low voice, shaking his head, "i wouldn't hesitate to see you 6-feet under, princess." sarah's eyes widened, but a smile was still on her face.

"that's funny," she smacked her lips, "i said the same thing about your girlfriend that night you got drugged down to hell--"

jon quickly drew his gun, and pulled the trigger as it was pointed at sarah. within that split second, dallon yelled, "WAIT!" before shifting jons arm upward, the bullet now firing into the ceiling.

jon was breathing heavy, his glare was deadly towards dallon, "what the fuck?!" jon raised his voice, squinting his eyes at him. dallon shook his head, "she's the only link left to the cult after she got rid of brendon-- if we kill her, we're all dead in a second."

sarah stood proudly, her arms crossed and her right leg bent forward, a smirk still glued onto her face, "you of all people are smart enough to know that, dally boy."

dallon hung his head low in defeat, biting his bottom lip as to restrain himself. i turned my head to look over my shoulder, only to see brendon sitting in the ground, with a fresh bruise on his face, blood tricking down from the corner of his mouth, he looked weak, and more prominently, he looked beaten down.

"don't you assholes get it?!" ryan started off by announcing, looking around at all of us, "you can't beat the game when you're up against its makers," he scoffed, "it's really just a shot in the dark."

melanie looked at dallon and jon, her smile of defiance never fading. she then turned back to face ryan, "funny you mention the dark," she paused for a second, "hey patrick," she said loudly, never breaking her stare with ryan,

"lights out."