Seis: "I'll Make A Million Mistakes..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth waits by the window, watching the cars go by and hoping that her mother's gray mini-van would pop up and park.

Clara sighs at her sister, "Eliza, Rachel said that you needed to complete all your homework before relaxing."

"I am finished." The twelve year old replies, "And I'm not relaxing. I'm anxious."

Clara checks her sister's homework that is scattered around the kitchen table and notices that a page isn't done. She calls the young girl over to finish it and hesitantly, Elizabeth obeys. Clara watches as Elizabeth quickly does the school work before rushing back to the window. She checks the work and smiles to herself. Her sister was a genius.

Speaking of her sister, Elizabeth was now tapping on the window glass nervously and anxiously, annoying Clara.

"Eliza, she's coming. Relax." The seventeen year old calmly states, her hands folded neatly on her lap as she now sits on the couch, across from her sister, "Why don't you just pull up a chair and watch some good old Looney Tunes with me?"

Elizabeth shakes her head and Clara sighs at her sister's behaviour. Despite become much wiser than her, she wasn't very mature. Elizabeth held onto her childhood for dear life, not wanting to accept the fact that she was growing up and growing old. She also was very attached to their mother. She was their only parent and their so called father hasn't bothered to show up ever since that night so Elizabeth clutches onto her mother tightly, in fear she'll leave too.

Suddenly, the door flings open and their mother stands before them, exhausted from a long day at the diner most likely.

"Mama!" Elizabeth squeals, rushing over to hug her, "Are you ready to go see Cinderella with us? Huh mama?"

Jasmine, their mother, yawns before answering her youngest daughter, "Sweetie, I'd love to. Honestly. But, I'm very exhausted from a day at the diner. Maybe next time."

"But, you promised we'd go see it,"

"I know but I'm very tired. Why don't you and Clara go up to your room and watch a movie while I go take nap, okay?"

Clara glances at the clock, seeing that it's a quarter to eight. She immediately knew that her mother would not wake up from her "nap."

"Come on Eliza. Let's go."

*************

This started to become a routine with their mother. She'd always forget her promises, stuff her nose into work and barely be around for Clara and Elizabeth.

This made twelve year old Elizabeth very upset and annoyed at her mother.

"She always seems to ignore us Clara! Can't you see that?" She whispers, her voice quiet in fear of their mother waking up.

"Eliza, mommy is just...tired." She hesitates, knowing that deep down, that wasn't the truth, "You just don't get it."

"And you do?"

Clara folds her arms across her chest and huffs, "Look Elizabeth, mom is having a rough time with things you don't understand. Just accept the fact that she'll be busy for a while."

"But for how long Clara? How long is "for a while"?" Elizabeth says, her frown growing across her face, "Clara, I want mommy."

"You have her." The eldest sister spits out, her voice agitated, "She's not going anywhere Elizabeth and you should just relax."

Elizabeth just feels her tears roll down her cheeks and they don't stop as she helplessly stares up at her sister, a sniffle filling the tense silence. Clara feels her heart stop at her sister's face. It's as if she (Elizabeth) wanted her mother back so badly but all she could do was helplessly stare as her mother passes by her. It broke Clara's heart and she suddenly couldn't look her sister in the eyes.

Tense silence follows and the sisters just look at each other one last time before heading to their rooms, the doors closed so no one can see the tears in their eyes.

_________________________

MY POOR BBYS 😭❤️

They just need hugs and cuddles all round

They just need hugs and cuddles all round.... 😭❤️

They go through so much that they deserve hugs and cuddles and support.

Many, many hugs and cuddles.

And if you notice closely, the polaroid actually mirrors the ones in chapters two and three. In chapter two, Elizabeth and Clara are in the same pose as in this one and in chapter three, the same caption is used when showing the family with their father in the polaroid picture.

Hmmm... interesting. 🤔

..... Anywho, I hope you're enjoy the story! Tell me what you think of it in the comments! I always love to see your support! ❤️

- melancholymacaron 🎭✨