Uno : "When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart."

Uno: "When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The screams in the room across from her made Clara sick to her stomach. They were like cries for help, as if the pain was unbearable, too much for her mother. It sounded like she was going to burst at any moment.

Clara pressed her palms against her ears trying to block the noise out. The sounds were too strong, so she stopped trying. Instead, she watched the people walk by, each one of them running briskly and frantically as if something bad will happen if they don't get to where they need to go.

Clara sighed and swung her legs around, trying to pass the time as she anxiously waits for the news to arrive. The only thing she amused herself with were the  vibrations that circulated through her shins when she banged her shoes against the chair legs.

Eventually, the screams where replaced with cries and not just any cries.

A baby's cries.

Clara felt her heart break slightly at the sound of her newborn sister crying during her first moment in the world.

She slowly walked towards the unsettling sound, up to the hospital door. As she reached for the doorknob a lady in a white uniform pulled her hand away. "Sorry, sweetie. This isn't the best time to come in."

Clara felt her cheeks grow warm with frustration. "I've got to be with mother and my little sister, I've just got to!" The nurse seemed unfazed by her demand and declined Clara's request.

Clara huffed and plopped herself back down on the chair, her chubby arms crossed over her chest. She sat on the edge of her seat, patiently waiting to be called. It seemed as if patience would be the only option.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours, making Clara very nervous. Her small, five year old brain was trying to understand why it was taking so long to go in but the only thing she could think of was that something went terribly wrong.

She nervously played with the hem of her Star Wars t-shirt, the only thought occupying her mind of something horrible happening. Mother is hurt. The baby is hurt. I did something to hurt either of them. With these unnerving ideas pounding through her mind, Clara found herself rubbing angrily at Princess Leia's face with her thumb.

Suddenly, the sound of a door opening pulled her away from her thoughts. A nurse kindly smiled at her and gestured for her to come in. She reminded Clara that both her new sister and her mother are very tired and to try to be gentle with the newborn.

The dark haired, chubby faced girl, (quite a baby herself,) took a deep breath before entering the room. She took a look around. It was a simple room, plain like all hospital rooms, and it smelled like hand sanitizer to Clara. To her left, she saw two doctors and a nurse gathered at her mother's bed.

Everyone was staring at her, which would have been alarming at any other time. Now all that was important was the two people on the hospital bed.

She pushes her way through the crowd blocking her path and took a good look at her mother.

Her mother looked tired, bags under her eyes and a few breakouts on her face from stress but her blue eyes had a sparkle in them and they were brought to life by the baby in her arms.

Clara went beside her mother to get a closer look at her new sister and she felt her heart swell with happiness and excitement. The baby was tiny for her age (at least that's what the doctors say) but Clara found her perfect.

"What's her name?" She asks her mother.

"Elizabeth."

Clara smiles at the name choice and leans in a little closer to see the baby better. She smiles as Elizabeth lightly grasps her index finger.

"Hi Elizabeth." She cooes to the baby, "I'm your big sister Clara."

Elizabeth makes a small, happy noise that sounds like a cheer and her grip slightly tightened on Clara. Clara beamed at her baby sister, feeling a mixture of pride and the odd feeling of being humbled at the same time.

"Yeah, Elizabeth. I'm your sister." She whispers, her wide grin lifting up the apples of her cheeks, in turn squeezing her eyes closer together.

"And I love you so much."
______________________________

Woop! New story! 🙌🎉

Hellooooo everyone and welcome to my short story called "Blow Us All Away".

This story is (sort of) based on my relationship with my little sister so writing this story is a bit personal and I'm putting all of my heart into this story. This story means a lot to me.

(BUT, this does NOT mean that the story is based on my own life. The only thing that is (semi) true is the relationship between the two sisters, Clara and Elizabeth. Everything else is a work of fiction.)

This story also may or may not contain more Hamilton references so BEWARE.

(I mean, this story was inspired by my sister's favourite Hamilton song, "Dear Theodosia" and the second main character is named Elizabeth. There's bound to be more references.)

So, heads up.

ANNNDDDDD, that's about it. Until the next chapter! Bye!

- DisnerdFangirl ❤

P.S: THANK NicaTheChica FOR EDITING THIS. THANK YOU CHILD FOR HELPING ME WITH MY POOR WRITING SKILLS.