Quatro: "I Swear That I'll Be Around For You..."

Quatro: I Swear That I'll Be Around For You....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clara sits on the park bench as she waits for her sister to come out of class. The fourteen year old patiently waits for her sister and passes the time by throwing pebbles at trees. (It occasionally hits a squirrel or a raccoon and it made Clara giggle softly at how the small animals react to the small pebble.)

Minutes pass by and then suddenly, she hears the bell ring and a flood of students of all ages come pouring out. Her eyes scan the crowd but there's no sign of her sister. With a sigh, she continues to throw pebbles. This lasts for a while until Clara can finally see Elizabeth, her long brown hair moving with the wind.

The nine year old instantly hugs her older sister the moment she sees her, making Clara look down at her with a small smile.

"Hi. How was school?"

Elizabeth shrugs, "It was okay."

"Just okay? You sure about that?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

Clara is hesitant to let the topic go but she does, seeing her sister's slightly uncomfortable face. They walk towards the swings and Elizabeth squeals, dropping her bag and running towards them.

Clara laughs and picks up the bags, watching as her sister starts to play. She looks around for her mother but can't seem to find her anywhere. She glances to her younger sister, who is already on the swings, a huge smile on her face. She smiles and runs towards her, putting the bags down beside her swing.

"I bet I can go higher than you."

Elizabeth sends her sister a playfully glare, "I doubt it. I'm way better than you."

Clara gasps, "Is that a threat?"

She giggles, "Maybe."

"Then I have no choice but to challenge you!"

Clara sits down on the swing beside her and starts to swing around. Elizabeth copies her movements but goes much higher than her sister. Clara tries to swing higher but purposely doesn't go that high so that her sister can win.

As they wait for their mother, they play around the park, fooling around and making each other laugh. Clara's smile widens as her sister laughs and smiles. Whatever happened at school was long forgotten by now.

Once they've tired themselves out, they sit in the swings, side by side, wat hung the world pass by. The silence is a comfortable one yet Elizabeth's face says otherwise.

"Clara?"

"Yeah?"

"You love me, right?"

Clara turns to her sister with a confused look on her face, "Yes of course. Why do you ask?"

She's silent for a moment before taking a deep breath and ranting about how the kids at her school bully her for their father leaving her and the kids believe that Clara and their mother would leave her alone as well.

"I don't wanna be alone Clara! I can't be alone! No one will read me bedtime stores or watch The Little Mermaid with me o-or p-"

Clara cuts her off with a tight hug, her eyes glassy with tears and she buries her face in her sister's hair.

"Eliza, you will never alone. Mom and I love you very, very much. We would never, ever leave you."