Cinco: "I'll Do Whatever It Takes..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eliza! Slow down! I can't catch up with you!"

The sixteen year old struggles to keep up with her younger sister as she runs away from her, tears in her eyes.

"Eliza! Elizabeth!"

The eleven year old looks back for a split second and it causes her to bump into a nearby tree.

Clara gasps, "Elizabeth! Oh my goodness!"

The brunette groans as she rubs her pounding head.

Her older sister rushes to the scene and holds her hands firmly, not letting go.

"Elizabeth! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where does it hurt?"

She moves her sister's hands away, "I'm fine. Really."

"Are you sure? Do you need a ban-"

She cuts Clara off, "I'm fine. Let's just get home."

Clara watches as her sister picks herself up and speed walks home, holding her palm to her head the whole time.

**********

Elizabeth slams the door open as soon as Clara opens the door. Jasmine flinches at the sound of the door as she stands up from the dining table. Elizabeth quickly takes off her jacket and shoes and storms off to their small, blue coloured room.

The door slams shut.

Clara sighs as she takes off her coat and hangs in up, the sound of the slammed door still ringing in her mind.

Jasmine sighs as well, her eyes moving from the closed door to her stressed daughter, "What happened to Eliza?"

"She came out of school like that. I tried to find out what was wrong with her but ignored me. I started to beg for answers because I was really worried about her but she just started running with tears in her eyes."

Her mother sighs, burying her face in her hands, "That stupid school. Always picking on the weak ones."

"I went there and I was fine."

"Yes but Eliza is different that you sweetie."

"I know."

Silence falls between them and all that can be heard is the sound of Ariel's voice in the distance, her sister's go-to movie.

"What are we gonna do?"

Jasmine's eyes move from the papers in front of her to her daughter, "I don't know Clara...."

Clara sits down on the small couch, placing her bag down beside her. She rests her hand on her chin, trying to think of a way to help her sister. It becomes silent in the small apartment. The only noise that is heard is the movie Elizabeth is watching and her mother lightly tapping the desk every so often.

"Mama?"

Jasmine's head perks up and her eyes move to her daughter. She gestures for Clara to continue.

"What if we homeschool Eliza? My old friend Margaret left my school to be homeschooled and from what I heard, homeschooling is really good."

Jasmine sighs, "I would love to do that Clara. I really do but that requires a lot of money and you know my job doesn't pay that much."

Clara nods, "I know....It was just a suggestion."

"I know honey. It's just that....I would do that in a heartbeat. If we had the money."

Clara nods again, pursing her lips as she tries to think of an alternative.

"Well, what about Rachel?"

________________________

Sorry for the late (and crappy) update!! I've been trying to update this book but haven't had the time. (Oops. 🙊)

But now it's updated so yayyyyy!

YAYYYYYYY!

Man, I haven't updated in a while so it feels really good to update and all that jazz. 🤗❤️

And I hope you like the update!

..........

I don't have much to say, EXCEPT:

Don't be a silent reader! Vote, comment and maybe even share! Your comments and votes put a smile on my face and let me know that all this hard work is not in vain.

Welp, until the next chapter! Baiii!

- melancholymacaron 🌿🐢

(P.S: lol i know the polaroid isn't really related to the chapter but it kinda is soooo... yeah.)

(P.P.S: The song in the media relates to the book as a whole and not the chapter by itself.)