9: The Visit

Sumiyah POV

"Seth, wha-" I started but was stopped when he stood next to my hospital bed. I hated that he was here, and I hated that he looked so fucking good in those sweats. He left Egypt to come here. I had a million questions and he still looked good as ever.

"Sumiyah, love." He smiled and I smiled back.

"What are you doing all the way in the states?" I asked with shock evident in my tone, this seemed to amuse him.

I didn't see him since our arranged marriage was canceled due to my mother moving us both to the US. She refused that I get married to someone I didn't even know, all for an arrangement.

"I'm just visiting, your friend told me you were in the hospital I had to make sure I paid you a visit love."

My mind flashed to us on a Ferris wheel and him proposing to me afterward. I guess he was the one that got away because he had a wife and three kids back in Egypt. He seemed happy and I wasn't selfish, I was definitely happy for him. But looking at my situation I had it bad, and sometimes I did wonder, If I stayed and married him I would have been better off.

The ring sounded great, with the children running around while I'm pregnant with baby number 5 because Seth always wanted a big family it was something he always expressed to me and I never wanted that many but when you are married you compromise.

The thought of it all was nice but here I was single, in a damn hospital bed in fucking pain. I could've been dead thank god I was still here and breathing.

"That's nice of you, I appreciate it," I stated.

-
Quan's POV

I had it up to here with this nigga King. He was playing with fire. I don't even know why he was trinna pursue Sumiyah when he had a wife for gods sake, and she was beautiful.

How she looked last night flashed through my mind. She looked terrified of King and I was beginning to wonder if he did anything to her. He was moving hella weight through his club and I didn't want Sumiyah anywhere around that fucking place.

I was on my way to the hospital when my phone rang.

"Yo waddap?" I said in a calm tone.

"Dayquan, I don't feel safe anymore," Tisha said frantically.

"Slow down slow down, what's the problem now?" I asked her, but she didn't seem to want to tell me the full story.

"Listen ma, when you ready to tell the full fucking story let me know." And I clicked off my phone.

I held onto the flowers and the box of chocolates as I walked up the receptionist and asked for Sumiyah Adams.

"Family member?" The older woman eyed me.

"Nah, significant other," I stated.

"Third floor to the left." She said as she got back to typing away on her computer screen.

I followed directions and walked into the room to see her two friends knocked out on the couch and another man standing in the room.

"Hello," I said making him turn around.

"Whatsup?" he asked.

"Oh hey Q, Seth this is Q, Q this is Seth." Sumiyah awkwardly introduced us.

"I've never heard of a Seth before," I started looking at him.

"I'm her ex-fiancé from Egypt, but I'm here visiting a friend I have a wife and kids back in my country." He said boldly and cut off any thoughts of him and Sumiyah being intimate at the moment. I think I liked this nigga.

"Cool cool," I said while I gave Sumiyah the flowers and the chocolate.

"Well I'm going to head out, and I'll keep in touch yea?" Seth said to Sumiyah and nodded to me then left.

After he left she glanced at me and I looked intently at her.

What was Lil shawty thinking about and who the fuck was after her?

"What happened?" I asked looking at her. I didn't know where she would start but I was ready to listen to whatever she had to say to me so I could get to the bottom of this shit. The police were obviously fuckin' slow and I needed to take things into my own hands.

"It was like a hit was fucking put out on me Q, one minute I was in the police station then the next I'm reading a message telling me to watch my back and then all I remembered was another car colliding into my uber. I don't know what the fuck was going on but it has me quite shaken up." She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

King would never hurt her, by the way, he was acting he seemed a little obsessed and protective of her. Something probably went wrong or they probably got the wrong person but I couldn't explain the text message shawty said she got.

"Sumiyah. I have an important question." I looked at her with all seriousness.

"What is it Q?" She asked with worry clouding her featured.

"How do you know King?"

_______

Did Q's street life catch up to his personal one? Or is it his personal life causing problems all around?