Stay : Chapter 5 (The Jerk, The Friend, The Jerk, and The Fans)

Start from the beginning

"Is it okay for your mom that I'm here at your room?" I asked breaking the silence.

He stopped doing whatever he was doing, "I'm living alone, and this room is the rest of the house." Then he continued what he was doing. "So who hit you and why are you with the Harrison kids?"

"They hit me because of you and I was there because they're trying to teach you a lesson." I said coldly. That's right, it's his entire fault.

"How the hell am I going to be taught a lesson with you at the car with a bloody face?"

"They taught I'm your girlfriend so they tried to take me away and rape me somewhere." The memory made me shiver.

"Well you can tell them next time that Hiro Sonza doesn't do girlfriends."

I can't believe this. He won't even apologize. I checked my clock. 5:30 Am. I can't miss another school day. I stood up.

"Can you take me to the nearest bus station going downtown?" I asked as politely as I can.

"This is downtown"

"Really? Then can you take me to the coffee shop near the public library?"

"You live near there?"

"Quite near I guess, that's the only route I know to get home".

"But you do know your address right?"

"Yeah, but -"

Before I finish what I was saying, he already grabbed my arm and dragged me. I can feel the cold breeze of the morning, and smelled the smoke from the cars in the road. A car stopped in front of me then Hiro pushed me inside. He sat beside me.

"Where we at?" the cab driver asked.

"What's your address?" Hiro asked.

I told the cab driver my address then after a few minutes the cab stopped.

"Wait here" I thought he was talking to me so I just sat there when he got out. "What are you doing?"

"You said to wait here" I said.

Hiro sighed then grabbed me again. After I got out of the cab I can feel the warmth of the sun in my skin. I checked my watch.

6:15. Mom will get out in 15 minutes. Hiro have to go or I'll be in trouble. I turned to Hiro to thank him but he's already grabbing me in my arm.

"What's the color of your house?" he asked.

"Like I would know. I'm blind." I heard him scratched his head.

"You don't look like one when you don't have your sun glass. I expect you are cross-eyed, but you look perfectly normal except you won't look at me straight in the eyes when talking to me."

"I can manage from here, thank you for bringing me home." Hiro was about to speak but a door opened. I silently prayed that it's not our door, but it is.

"Looks like you fished a man." Mom said.

"Mom, it's not what it looks like he was just -"

"I don't really care. You can live with him if you like. I can't wait to get you out of my life." Then she walked pass me, towards the cab.

"Ma'am, that's my cab." Hiro said.

"A little advice Mikaela, get a richer one, IF you can" mom said then laughed while walking away.

I'm close to crying now. "Well, that's my mom. Thanks again." Then I found my way to our door then got in and shot the door.

I took a shower and cried there. I just got out of the bathroom when I heard Aunt Lin calling from the front door. I tightened the towel under my arms, wore my extra sun glasses then I headed for the front door.