That's what friends are for

Serena POV

Once I was out of the music section leaving Ash all alone which I felt regret for doing it, but I need to help first.

So I headed down hall where student mutely walk past me in my way as I arrived at my own plain locker in front.

I took a key out from my pocket and Unlocked the steel door, swinging it open to see my stuff inside that were books, bags and papers. Which I don't need them right now, so instead. I scanned inside my locker for a second and quickly grabbed one of Dawn's cold compresses that was near to the books.

Then went to a nearby water fountain and filled up a paper cup with cold water, nearly to the top. As I did, I rushed back to the music section with a filled up cup in my hand firmly in place and medicine inside my pocket. Walking past each student in my way without bumping so I won't get into trouble. Feeling efficient, organized and compassionate.

As I arrived at music section where I left before. I found Ash sitting in the same position, playing around with his cell phone in hand which I didn't what he was doing, so I ignored.

I mutely walk towards him with a cup in my hand while with another free hand taking out a medicine from my pocket, getting him to notices my appearance by putting his phone away inside his pocket as I handed him the filled up cup even medicine from my hand and sat down next to him again.

"Drink up," I instructed.

"Thanks Sere." He popped the pills into his mouth then raised the cup in my direction in some sort of toast and drank deeply.

While he did this. I pressed the compress against his forehead and he groaned sexily, even though he obviously didn't mean it to be sexy and I was just reading way too much into it, as usual.

He finished the cup completely empty and descends with his arm down on his lap. "Sere, you gotta tell me something," he murmured, closing his eyes fully shut.

"What?" I asked confusingly, absently brushing his hair back from his brow till I realized what I was doing. Mortified, I stopped and just held gently compress against his forehead.

"Are you an angel in disguise?" He muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

The question was so unexpected that I snorted with laughter. Trying but Managing to speak out.

"No, I'm just a regular girl," I replied once my giggling fit was over. Ash grinned.

"You can't be," he argued. "No normal girl carries cold compresses with them to school. Not that I'm not glad you have one, coz it feels so good." He breathed at the last word.

I simply shrugged in response. "I carry them because of Dawn," I explained to him.

Soon, He opened his eyes showing his brown orbs, slowly turned his head to face at me and smiled. "You're a good friend. And you'd make a good nurse."

"Thanks." I replied with a serenity smile, eyes closed then soon open as my pale cheeks heat up.

"Am I weirding you out that I'm here?" he suddenly asked, changing the subject rapidly.

Which made my face changed into a confused looking way "Well, a little bit," I answered.

Deciding to be honest. He was 'weirding me out' a lot, actually. I mean, sure, we'd had our share of run-ins, but that didn't mean that he could just show up where I was at and decide to spend his whole lunch break with me. Which was exactly what he was doing.

"I just wanted to talk." He muttered. Slightly glancing up at the ceiling then at me. "Hey, I can take over with the compress."

With a nod. I took my hand off just as he put his hand on, our fingers brushed and it gave me a strange little tingle in my stomach. That wasn't right. It was actually nice, but it wasn't right.