Headache

Ash POV

Being dropped off and picked up at the school entrance by my dad two days in a row wasn't helping me win cool points with my friends.

I mean, sure, I was supposed to go for my tests yesterday, and I showed up at the front of the school like I was told cooperated with the doctor and I didn't even cringe during any of the tests and x-rays and scans. That was good of me, right, since I could have just blown dad off if I really wanted to. But he really didn't need to drop me off and pick me up today too! He claimed the doctor told him I needed one more test and I could collect my results at the same time, but I knew he was just trying to keep tabs on me.

He didn't trust me a bit, but these days, I couldn't give a...

When Calem spotted me heading out of the school entrance by pushing the swinging doors and let cold wind breeze at my tanned face.

As I was out with the doors automatically closed behind me. Bright sun up in the clear blue sky was raying my eyes making me go slightly blind as Calem walked up to me from his shadows and started taunting me. I could see behind him that Misty was following.

There weren't any people around in this sunny weather since its now home time, but not for me.

"Since when did you turn into a Daddy's Boy, Ketchum? You gonna start hanging out with him so he can tell you the family secrets, be Ash Ketchum Junior?" Calem mocked, coming up behind me and jab me on the shoulder in greeting. It didn't hurt that much from his punch, just soft.

"It's the Third, numb nuts," I corrected, punching him back on shoulder as Misty came up beside me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"And I'd rather get a ride with my dad than go home in that bullet proof coffin of yours." I grinned mischievously at him. "And why the hell do you need a bodyguard?"

If there was one thing that made Calem feel self-conscious, it was the fact that his ride came to pick him up with a bodyguard sitting in front seat. Although I did remember that his bodyguard was a bus driver way back.

He glared at me, running a hand through his long black hair, flaring up nostrils. "Coz-man, shut up!"

Misty rolled her eyes. "Both of you shut up," she commanded loud with a scary glare and we all shut up instantly, not saying one word.

She held me closer and batted her eyelashes at me. "Ash, we haven't had a chance to hang all week!" She pouted her thin lips at me. "You're starting to get annoying."

I shrugged, the simple movement causing a pounding to start in my temples. "I have to go to this stupid seminar," I lied. "That'll make my dad happy and then I'll be all yours." When I said this, I kinda wanted to gag.

To be honest, I don't really have a crush on her, or even like her.

Swiping my thoughts. I hugged her, then looked over at Calem, who was slouching against the wall with arms folded across his chest.

"That's if Calem doesn't mind." I replied.

He smirked widely. "You are so welcome to have her," he said. Steps forward away from the wall and shoved  up the sleeve of his blue long sleeved jacket, revealing a big purple mark on his arm.

"Look at this bruise! She was practicing her kick boxing moves on me."

I laughed out loud. "I might just take you up on that offer," I joked with a smirk on my lip.

"How many days is the seminar on for, anyway?" Calem curiously demanded to know.

I flushed slightly. I hated lying to my friends but I didn't want to tell them about the headaches and my fears. They would label me a softy, and I could do without that.