Chapter 8 || Talking Finally

Zayn

It had been about three hours since I received Justin's text. I was now laying in bed wondering what to say.

Wondering if i should even say anything.

I hadn't talked to Gigi all day and wasn't even wondering where she was. I don't care.

I have more on my mind than her whereabouts that frankly aren't any of my business. Yes, I'm dating her. Yes, she is my girlfriend. But no, I do not own her and will never keep a tracker on her because she is a grown adult who can make her own choices.

Although that's not why I'm not wondering where she is right now. It's because I actually don't give a fuck.

Right now marks about three hours and thirty minutes that I've been laying in bed staring at my wall.

I can't move. I couldn't even if I wanted to. It's like I'm paralyzed. Terrified is how I feel. I'm not sure what to say, really. I would love to let Justin know that I would totally give Gigi up to be with him. But I know he wouldn't do the same. He wouldn't even try to hide it. He would let me know that he couldn't be with me and would run off to fuck some broad.

Probably.

I'm not sure exactly but I'm guessing.

I lay in bed staring at my wall more before I look back over at my phone sitting on my dresser. I grab to to unlock it staring at the text one more time and gently type out a response as if typing too hard would make me seem desperate in some way.

I look at the final product of what I've typed out and completely delete it before trying again.

After a few more tries I finally give up and just send the text. Immediately regretting what I said. I should've just read it and not said anything back.

I should've left him on read. I should've blocked him.

But I didn't. I responded with most trash, cliche, disgusting response anyone ever could write. Or type I guess.

"Hi."

And I hate myself for it.

But at least mine was way better than his dumbass text.

"Found ya. ;)"

Although, something happens within me when I see his typing back bubble appear on his side of the phone screen. I feel almost... relieved.

A hopeful feeling washes over me as he sends back another text almost seconds after I sent mine, signaling that maybe, just maybe, he does want to have our relationship back.

* * *

Narrator

Although Justin didn't know it, and neither did Zayn, they were both doing the exact same thing miles away from each other.

Justin lay in his bed on the opposite side Zayn would be if he was there. If they were together they would fill the bed. But they weren't. And they wouldn't.

Zayn clung to his sheets gazing at his wall while Justin lay under his covers gazing out his hotel window at the moon.

They both wanted the same thing. They were just unsure how to get there.

But they knew they would do what it took. Justin being able to admit it, while Zayn was in denial.

They lay just gazing at what interested them at the moment until Zayn finally replied to Justin's text.

They both smiled as they continued their communication until Zayn drifted off to sleep.

—     —     —

I've been busy lately and struggling with stuff so I'm sorry but I'm back lol.

Also i would love if anyone had fan art they could send me or anything !! Maybe even a cover ?? And if I like it I can use it ;)