(21)Lapis Lazuli Souls

Start from the beginning

"Hermes, would you like to see what your brain splattered across that wall would look like?" Thanatos asked with so much menace it even made me step back in fear.

Hermes tugged his helmet down and gulped loudly.

"Wait, what's going on?" I asked in anger as Thanatos only glared. Hermes smiled fearfully and swiftly took a step back into the portal.

"Well, you see dear- your virtue ring is linked to me. Hera wanted to doubly ensure your um... safety. A sensory mist is released whenever- um...well, you know... If you get too close to foiling the plan. Oh, and you might want to put the ring back on- it sends out a loud screeching noise if it's off of your finger for more than five minutes."

Thanatos moved towards Hermes with clenched fists and murder in his eyes. The young god yelped and fell back into the portal. Quickly it disappeared into the air and I was left with my mouth hanging open.

"Hera... that... bitch!" I shouted as I fell limply to the floor, the sheet still clutched over my chest.

Thanatos was literally fuming where the portal had disappeared- his shoulders moving up and down, his breathing hard and his head lowered down like a predator's.

His naked back and ass couldn't even distract me from the horrible news.

"What now?" I asked softly to no one in particular.

All my previous joy and ecstasy gone into the wind like mist. And we were so close...
So close at becoming one.

The room was quiet.

I didn't move a muscle as I waiting for the shroud of misery to settle in.

He spoke, his voice dangerously low; "We find those hounds and we solve this mystery. You train and ascend. And then-" He turned around to look at me with determination; "I'm going to fuck you like an animal."

My heart skipped a beat.

"And you're sure there's no off-switch?"

"Who knows? But let's start with what we do know- those hounds and Hecate."

I nodded solemnly.

He came to sit down next to me as I stared down at the ground in gloom. His arm swung around my shoulders and he pulled me into his chest. We remained quiet for some time as our laboured breaths calmed down to normal and Thanatos' anger had some time to die down.

He spoke up with a soft tone; "I just want you to know that it's not only about the sex for me, Aurora. It used to be all I could think about, but since a while ago- there's... more. Much more. I... I want to be with you in more ways."

I looked up and smiled shyly at his honest words. He was so much better at expressing himself than I was. I tried to stop the rush of emotion I felt- could he love me too?

We were both disappointed by how this had turned out, but at least in the end I had his help- and that's all I really needed.

I just needed him by my side- helping me, and me helping him.

We were made to for each other; and that may have sounded cliché in my own thoughts, but nothing felt more true.

"I know and I feel the same."

Thanatos smiled softly, his eyes filled with adoration; "I..." His voice faded as he struggled to find the right words; "I want to make you happy."

"You do, more than you know."

Where is this coming from?

I knew he was good with words, but he was also distant and closed off- like me. Was this as scary for him as it was to me?