Chapter Twenty One

Dab
          How can Evan possibly think he ruined my life? If anything I've made his a million times worse! He's only made me feel like the luckiest guy on earth. Every time I'm with him, it's like time stops. I've tried telling him how I feel. It doesn't work. Maybe I could text him? I reach for my phone. I start typing

D: Evan, Evan Pancakes im going to keep this message fairly short. There is one thing that I need you to understand. You are so important to me. Okay? Evan you're the reason I've been so happy these few weeks. You brought a light into my life that no one else did. I can't loose you. You're all I have left. I love you Evan.

    I move my thumb towards the send button when a thought rushed to my head. Dab. You need to give him more time. He's angry right now. Let him be. At the last second, I delete the text. I'll send it to him when I'm ready. If I'll ever be ready. I put my phone down and head to the kitchen. I open the cupboard and try to find something to eat. Nothing. I look at the clock. 11:09 PM. I sigh and head back to my room. I open the door and fall on my bed. I click my phone. 1 message - evan :) it reads. I click the message, read it, and run out the door. I sprint across the street bursting into the Pancakes' home. I don't care if they see me, I don't care if I get in trouble, the only thing I care about, is Evan. I run up to his room to find an empty bed. Oh god please no. I think to myself. All of a sudden I hear a loud noise in the bathroom. It's Evan. I'm certain of it. I start to bang on the door as hard as I can.

     "Evan no! Please let me in! I can help you! I love you!" I scream. It's all I can think of. I can hear him gasping for air. I fall to the ground and taste the bitter tears hitting my tongue. I stand up and have trouble regaining balance. I dial the numbers 9-1-1 into my phone.

        "9-1-1 what is your emergency?" The dispatcher asks

        "Yes hello my name is Dab, I need someone to come here right away my...friend.. he's attempted suicide. Please you have to help." I stammer through my cries

       "We well send someone right away. Stay where you are." She says

         "Okay. Thank you so much."

          "Only doing my job. You will be okay stay calm. She must be able to hear my heavy breathing through the phone. I hear sirens come down the street. Evans parents door swings open.

         "For gods sake. What are you doing here?!" Evans dad comes to me

           "Mr. Pancakes! stop! It's Evan! He needs help. I think he tried to kill himself." His face sinks. Him and Eliza exchange looks.

        "Evan! Open the door! We're here for you! Just open it!" His mother yells with tears pouring down her face. Evans dad stands still. His eyes locked on me, with an evil glare in them.

"You. This is all your fault." Evans dad says.

"Bob! How can you say tha-"

"Get out of my house!" Evans dad roars, interrupting his mother. He points to the door. I run through the door as police men shove me past. I run home and lay in bed. Shaking as I breathe. This can't be real. How could he? He left everything we had. Everything he had. I cry and cry. I don't go to sleep. I can't. Now knowing the love of my life is gone forever. I will never love someone the way I loved the boy across the street.