Chapter Five

Dab
My dad said he's always been nervous to tell me the "story of the barbecue." He makes it sound so proper, like he's told this story only on special occasions. Maybe he has never told this story? I thought.

"Are you sure you want to kn-"

"Yes!" I interrupted him.

"Okay well we were all over at the pancakes house. It was going well, I thought all of our previous fights were behind us. I guess not. Bob Pancakes started to complain about his back. All I said was I wonder why because Tabitha and I had just got him a very nice bed. That comment set him off. He began listing off the many things about us that annoyed him and told us to leave. He always had anger problems but I didn't think they were to this extent."

"...So basically I've never even seen this boy because you guys had an argument about a bed?!" I yelled.

"Sure you can put it that way." Said my dad

Does that mean I will never see him again!?" I thought to myself.

"Dab, I really wish you could see this boy again, but it's not up to me. I have tried to talk to bob but he won't let his son come over here. He just slams the door in my face."

I let out a grunt.

"Sorry kiddo." My dad said while ruffling my hair. "Oh and for the record, his name is Evan." He said smirking.