Chapter Fourteen

Dab
       We worked on our project for about three hours straight after his dad stormed off. It's coming together quite nicely if I do say so myself. We first wrote our paper and we were going to start our poster later. I looked up at my clock in my room. 7:46.

        "I better get going. I don't want to have to deal with two lectures tonight." Evan sighed

         "Okay. But text me right when you get home. Tell me if anything happens alright? Please Evan."

      "I promise Dab." He hugged me and walked out the door. He smelled of musk. It was a favorite scent of mine. I felt safe when he was holding me. I never want to loose him. But I'm scared I might. I walk out to the kitchen and see my mom and dad sitting at the table.

          "Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you guys." I say in a serious voice. They look at me with confused eyes as I sit down.

        "Look, I don't know if you guys found out, but you will soon enough. Evan and I were working on our project and his dad came in my room. Mom you must've been outside and dad you were at work." I tell them.

         "You mean he was in this house?" My mom looks stressed now.

          "Yes. And after that, him and Evan started fighting. They were yelling so loud." My voice starts so shake." I tried to suggest to Evans dad that we could try to finish it tonight if he wanted but then.."

         "Then what honey?" My mom said in a comforting tone

         "Dab." Said my dad in a stern voice.

          "Then he pushed me. He yelled at me and then pushed me. I hit my head really hard on something. Mom that's why you walked in on me on the ground. I was so scared. I'm crying now. Not just a few tears. There are uncontrollable rivers flowing down my face.

        "Oh Dab!" My mother exclaimed as she hugged me

         "Dab, im so sorry. I didn't think this would happen. Mess with me? Fine. Mess with my family, there's a problem." My dad says angered.

            "Please don't say anything until this project is over. It's Friday today and it's due Wednesday. Just don't say anything please." I say desperately

"Fine." Both my parents say in unison. I get up from the table and go to my room. I am so ready for this day to be over. I fall on my bed and let out a long sigh. I open my phone and text Evan

D: Hey Evan, it's the coolest dude you know.

E: Oh! Hey Caleb.

D: Haha very funny

E: ah yes, hello dab, how are you on this fine evening?

D: I am quite fine, how are you?

E: Fine thank you.

D: okay let's stop this

E: you're right.

D: hey Evan?

E: yeah?

D: I miss you

E: i miss you too. Don't worry we will see each other soon. I'll make sure.

D: good :)

E: wait don't we see each other at school?

D: not good enough. I want you all to myself ;)

E: oh ;) well in that case, I'll see you tomorrow?

D: and how do you think you're going to manage that??

E: don't question me Dab Howlter. I have my ways.

D: haha okay!

E: I better get to bed. Goodnight! x

D: goodnight :)

        I shut my phone off and stare at the ceiling. I can feel my cheeks blushing. Oh my god I love this kid  I think to myself. I can't stop smiling. I've never had someone make me feel this way. And I can't shake the feeling. I'm looking forward to whatever tomorrow has to bring.

~woah I'm posting regularly, what?
-------------------------------------------------------