46

CH. 46 -- PETE

Of course, hearing Patrick messed around with someone else did hurt, but we weren't together. And it was my fault we weren't together, so I don't suppose I have the right to be too upset.

However, Adam using this against Patrick does make me very upset. Especially since Patrick is supposed to be a role model to all young LGBTQ+ athletes afraid to come out. And now Adam is giving him a bad name.

I won't let that happen to the man I love.

Speaking of the devil, he rolls over and pulls me closer to him. His morning wood presses against my ass, and I take a deep breath in. I wonder if now that he's gotten that thing about Adam off of his chest if he'd be willing to go a step further in our relationship.

"Good morning, baby." Patrick says, kissing my jaw. "I'll be back, I have to piss."

Patrick stands up and walks to the bathroom, scratching his head as he goes. His shirtless muscular back almost makes my mouth water. I hear the tap turning on, and I get up and go to the bathroom as well. I need to brush my teeth.

When I walk in, he's got his back to me and is about to get in the shower. My eyes trail down to his bare ass, but I snap my eyes away and grab my toothbrush, turning the tap back on.

"Oh, hey, I'm gonna get a shower. It's later than I thought. I have class in an hour, and I told Spence I'd meet him for coffee in twenty." Patrick says, and I nod, spitting the toothpaste out and washing my toothbrush off.

"Can I join you?" I blurt, and Patrick turns his head back around so fast, I bet his neck hurts.

"What?" He asks, turning around to face me. I let my eyes trail down, and fuck what I said about seven and a half inches not being impressive. His dick is huge.

"Can I join you?" I repeat, a little more confident this time. He nods immediately.

"Hell yes. Please." Patrick smiles at me, and I pull my shirt over my head. He licks his lips when I drop my shorts.

"You said you have to meet Spencer in twenty?" I ask, climbing into the shower. He comes in after me, shrugging.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I was a little late." Patrick says, kissing me and pressing me back into the cold tile wall.

Some considerable time later, when we finally emerge from the shower, Patrick is late for both meeting Spencer and his class, but I don't mind. And I doubt he does either.

He pulls a shirt on and kisses me at the door. "Nice hickey." I swipe my fingers over it, and he winces, rolling his eyes.

"Wonder who decided to give me that. What a fucker." Patrick says jokingly, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I laugh, turning to walk back to his bed and go back to sleep. "Baby?"

"Yeah?" I turn around then and walk back to him. He smiles at me, cupping my cheeks.

"I love you." My chest tightens, and I suddenly realise that I'll never get tired of hearing him say that.

"I love you." I reply, leaning down to kiss him. "Now go to class."

--

"As you all know, we're nearing the end of our season. I'm proud to welcome Jon Walker back to our team for the remainder of our games." Coach announces to our team after a long practice. Everyone is sweaty and wants to go home, but we all missed Jon as well.

"J-Walk! Oh my fuck, I have so much to tell you!" Frank puts a hand on Jon's shoulder, hauling him away from the rest of us. That's how it usually goes when Jon and Frank are together.

They met the first day of their freshman year two years ago and have been mostly inseparable since. Except for that time Brendon and Jon had something going on, and Bren was jealous of Frank. But that didn't last very long, as we all know.

"How are you now that Jon's back?" I bump shoulders with Brendon. I know I talk major shit about him and the two of us can barely stand to be in the same room for over ten minutes, but Brendon isn't that bad when he's not shouting at me.

Brendon shrugs, kicking a leaf with his cleat. "It's kind of awkward. Kenny really doesn't like Jon." He picks his hat up and runs a hand through his hair before putting it back down.

"I don't imagine he would." I say, placing a hand on Brendon's back. I know Patrick is eavesdropping and is probably confused as hell, but I'll have to fill him in later.

"But it's whatever, I shouldn't be selfish. Jon only has one more year, and then I'll get to play my senior year without that dark cloud hanging above my head." Brendon says, forcing a smile at me. "Pete?"

"Yeah?" I ask, shooting him a soft smile.

"Thank you. For asking, I mean." Brendon says, and I pat his back.

"Anytime."

Patrick and I grab our bags after switching our cleats for tennis shoes. As soon as we're a good distance away from the field, Patrick turns to me and hisses, "What the fuck happened between Jon and Bren?"

"Jon cheated on Brendon like eight times when they were dating." I say simply, and Patrick's eyes widen.

"Holy shit, that's rough." Patrick says, wrapping an arm around my waist. "You know I'd never do that to you, yeah?"

"I know." I smile, pressing a kiss to his lips as we continue walking back to my dorm room.

rip 'danisnotonfire' and the london apartment. i stg if phil changes 'amazingphil' i will actually cry

how was your day??

if you guys didn't know, i'm writing an instagram peterick au that u can find on my profile

everyone is really petty and sassy and you all should check it out

thank you so much 4 reading i'm going to go rethink my life decisions like i do every day<33