23

i had "let's have a kiki" (the glee version) stuck in my head the whole time while writing this lmfao sarah jessica parker is love

CH. 23 -- PETE

Well, Coach really made a mistake by starting Andy, Bob, and Josh. Actually, fuck Nick, Josh is great. But Andy and Bob don't make a good pitcher/catcher combination. Considering we lost both games by ten. We still won the series because of the first two games we won, but I guess Coach made his point.

The flight home, as most of them are, is fucking horrible. All everyone wants is to get home. And after two losses, no one is just ecstatic to have a two and a half hour flight back home.

"You're kind of a dick, you know." Andy says as I sit back down from my bathroom trip. I simply roll my eyes at him.

"Sure, blame it on me. But you didn't see what I saw." I say, and Andy shakes his head, crossing his arms.

"You didn't even let him explain. Pete, you outed him in front of everyone!" Andy says, and I feel my face soften.

"Oh fuck. I did." I say, and I finally realised what I've done. "I'm a fucking dick."

"Now you get it. You should talk to him. Not right now, he might punch you. Give him a few days to calm down." Andy suggests, and I nod.

I realise what I did was wrong, but it was in the heat of the moment. I just hope he understands.

--

"Good morning, class. Please welcome my new TA, Patrick Stump. If you have any questions during class, just raise your hand, and Patrick will help you out." Professor Jameson says, and he turns to begin writing on the board.

My eyes widen when I see Patrick step into the classroom, contacts replaced with glasses and new brown hair. He waves to the class before sitting in Jameson's desk.

As soon as Jameson writes the first word on the board, my hand shoots up, and Patrick narrows his eyes when he sees it's me. But he makes his way up to me anyways, so no one gets suspicious.

"What the fuck do you want?" Patrick asks me, and I smile. "Seriously, he's written five words on the board, what the hell is there to be confused about?"

"Okay, I'm not confused. I've actually just figured out that I'm probably the biggest asshole planet earth has ever produced." I say, and Patrick's lips tug into a smile before he recovers and puts his annoyed look back on.

"Probably? I think you meant definitely. But if you seriously don't have a question, I'm going to stop wasting my time and help people who actually need it." He says as he gestures to the other hands up.

"I do have a question. Can I take you to dinner?" I ask, and Patrick looks very taken aback. "To make up for being a fucking dick."

"Pete, are you actually fucking crazy?" Patrick hisses, and a few people turn around, so he fakes a smile and says, "That's an 'a,' not a 'c,' silly!"

Everyone that turned around just smiles at us before turning back around, and I grin, which gets a real smile out of him. "Why would I be crazy to ask you on a date?"

"Because we don't work together. How many times have we had the opportunity to make us work? And we just don't." Patrick makes sure to keep his voice down.

"Have you not noticed that we don't work with anyone else? Ashlee, Nick, Meagan, Gabe. None of them worked out. Because we're meant to be together." I say, moving a hand to his shoulder. "Face it. You came here for a reason. You can say it's because you want a championship. You sure you're not just hiding the real reason from yourself?"

"I'll think about it, okay? But you should probably catch up on those notes." Patrick points at the board, and my eyes almost bug out of my head because Professor Jameson has written a whole board full of information while Patrick and I were talking.

He laughs as he walks down a few rows to help another student out. But not before he steals a glance back at me.

--

A knock on the door comes at around seven o'clock. "I got it," I yell to Joe. Secretly, I'm hoping it's Patrick, but I doubt it will be. When I open the door, however, I sure as fuck don't expect to see Meagan standing there. "Um, Meagan?"

"Pete!" She exclaims, immediately pushing her way into my dorm. "I missed you so much!"

"Meagan, what the actual fuck is going on?" I ask, and she just stops talking. "Did someone die? Why are you here?"

"Because you haven't texted me in months, silly!" Meagan says, and my eyebrows furrow at her.

"Okay, sit down and stop being so loud before Joe hears you. Look, I definitely texted you not too long ago. And when you didn't reply, I thought you weren't interested." I say, and she shakes her head. "And I'm kind of really, really interested in someone else now."

"You never texted me after that one time we hooked up, Pete. I promise." Meagan tells me, and my eyes widen.

"Well, then who the fuck did I send a dick pic to?" I ask, and then someone clears their throat from behind us. We both turn around to see Patrick.

"That would be me. I don't know, I guess Meagan and I have, like, close numbers or something, but you sent me a picture of your dick." Patrick explains, and I feel my cheeks heat up in comparison. "Don't get me wrong, I'm totally into dick, and yours is really nice, but it felt wrong that I didn't know who it was. And when I found out, I couldn't just tell you."

"Wow, the sexual tension in this room is kind of huge. And I can feel the chemistry, it's suffocating me. I think I'm going to let myself out. I'll see you guys later." Meagan waves goodbye to both of us as she lets herself out.

"So you really saw my dick?" I ask, and Patrick giggles and nods. "Did you, I don't know, like it?"

Patrick blushes and smiles at me as he moves closer. He wraps his arms around my waist, linking his hands together behind my back.

"Oh definitely." Patrick says with a laugh as he leans in to kiss me.

okay everyone pete wentz just went on a twitter rant while i was writing this so blame him if there are any spelling mistakes.

also i now have a christmas oneshot up called "uh, happy christmas?" and it would be gr8 if you all checked it out

thx !!