01

CH. 1 -- PETE

"He's out for the season?" I almost yell. Coach nods slowly, biting his bottom lip as he awaits my reaction. "Well, what are we going to do? He's the only catcher on the team good enough to catch my curve ball." I say, and Coach shakes his head.

"Not technically. I have a surprise for you." Coach grins, tossing me a ball. "Hit the mound, and I'll send a catcher out in a few. Fresh out of high school."

"I'm only trusting you because you're the best coach I've ever had, not because I like you." I say before walking out of the dugout. "Throw with me?" I ask Nick, our third baseman and one of my best friends, and he nods.

We throw until Coach and a boy in catcher's gear come out of the dugout. I try to ask his name, but Coach waves me off, insisting I go ahead and throw to him first.

Something about his stance looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. He catches the curve ball I throw perfectly, framing for a second and then throwing it back. He doesn't miss a ball throughout the whole bullpen I throw.

Coach calls us both to the mound, and I watch the guy jog up before taking his helmet off and swiping his hand across his blue eyes. He looks even more familiar now.

"I believe you two have met before, but I'll go ahead and reintroduce you. Pete, this is your new starting catcher, Patrick Stump. Patrick, this is your old starting pitcher, Pete Wentz." My mouth drops open as the kid -- well, not kid anymore -- stands in front of me and smiles.

Coach walks off seconds later, leaving us to 'catch up,' or so he said. "What the fuck? You followed me here?" I hiss, and he nods, smirking at me. "Why?" I demand.

"Think about it, Wentz. If we were unstoppable and won three state championships together in high school, what the fuck do you think we can do in college?" Patrick explains, and I narrow my eyes at him. "I still hate your fucking guts with everything in me and you're still one of the most goddamn annoying people on this planet, but I want a National Championship ring."

"Listen to me, we stay out of each other's hair and don't let Coach know we despise each other. He'll be pissy and won't start either of us." I say, and Patrick licks his lips before nodding.

"I'm down, but please tell me I don't have to room with your incompetent ass at every away game." Patrick groans. He sets his helmet down and unhooks his chest protecter. I cross my arms as he bends down to undo his shin guards. "Waiting for an answer. Or do I need to repeat my question?"

"Listen here, asshole. This is my team. I've built friendships with these guys for the past two years, and your freshman ass isn't coming in and making a bad name for me." I say. Patrick tucks both of his shin guards and chest protecter under one arm, holding his helmet in the other hand.

"I don't have to make a bad name for you. Looks like you already have." He winks at me before jogging off the field. I look around, and my starting infield is gathered behind second base, eyes wide, gossiping about me.

"Fuck." I follow Patrick off the field to the dugout. By the time I'm there, he's got his bag over his shoulder and his hat back on. I put my hand on his shoulder and turn him around. He looks confused. "I'm glad to be back on the same team as you, man." I pull him in for a hug, his arms resting on my lower back when he relaxes and hugs me back, realising the team is watching.

"I hate your fucking guts." He whispers in my ear. I smile and hug him tighter until I feel his own arms tighten around me.

"Right back at you, bitch." I place a kiss on his cheek before letting go of him and grabbing my bag, driving off as soon as I make the short walk to my car.

--

"Pete, someone's at the door for you. Get rid of them. Class isn't for another three hours!" Joe yells at me, jumping back in his bed. I grab my phone from my nightstand, wincing at the brightness. The time blinks at me mockingly; 5:23 am.

I approach our open door, the darkness and piercing blue eyes staring back at me. "Stump, what the fuck?" I shut the door behind me as I walk outside. Joe is not a morning person.

"I figured maybe you'd want to run with me. I don't know my way around campus, and you're the only person I know." He grumbles, and I know I'm his last option. I could say no and slam the door in his face, but I'd really like to not lose my new catcher on his second day.

"Give me five minutes." I say, and Patrick smiles at me, nodding. He stuffs his hands in his short pockets as I re-enter my dorm.

I don't bother with a shirt, just pulling on a pair of shorts and a jacket since it's a little chilly out and grabbing my phone before going back outside. We walk down the stairs in silence. Patrick starts jogging, and I follow before catching up to him.

We eventually work up to a brisk run, making little conversation as we run around the campus. I'm the first one that needs a break, and Patrick suggests we get coffee since 7:00 is rapidly approaching.

I tell him what I want and go to the bathroom. By the time I'm back, he's sitting at a table, scrolling through his phone. "Hey, how much do I owe you?" I ask, reaching into my pocket. He shakes his head as he continues to scroll.

"Don't worry about it. Least I can do." Patrick says, waving me off. I shoot him a 'really' look and throw a five dollar bill on the table. "I'm not taking it. So unless you're leaving that for whoever cleans the table up, I'd get it."

"Come on, Patrick, you're being ridiculous." I try to push the bill in his hand, but he shakes his head.

"Keep it, Pete. Seriously." He says, finally looking up from his phone. Our eyes meet, and I push the money back into my pocket. "I think I'm just gonna.. get my coffee and head back to my room. I need a shower anyways."

"Caramel macchiato for Patrick, mocha frappé for Pete." The barista calls out right as Patrick stands up. He rushes to the front and grabs his, leaving me to walk slowly after him.

By the time I get outside, he's long gone. I can't help but wonder if he paid for my drink because I used to be poor. I shake the thought off as I walk. Patrick's a dick, he doesn't care about me or my well being.

welcome to chapter one of the new dick pics. how was it?

I can't help but think this is already going way better than the first one. thank you guys for reading.