The kids and I decide to visit the Jackson household since Marshall had a meeting. It’s been to long since we last seen her. Well in the physical sense that is. Of course we get pictures constantly and face talk but its just not the same.

Lanie let Ronnie ring the door bell. Mistake. Because he kept ringing the bell until Lanie stepped away. We are still laughing when the door opens. “Hey guys come on in.” Marquise said opening the door wide for us. We all gave him a small hug on the way in. 

In the living room I see Myk sitting in the chair that Curtis bought, at the baby shower, holding Brook. There is a woman I’ve never met standing at her side looking down at Brook. From the angle of her face she kind of favors Marquise. I bet this is his mom. 

I clear my throat gathering their attention. “Since the guys are out we thought we would visit.” Myk’s face breaks into a even wider smile as her eyes take us in. The kids all take a seat somewhere in the room, after greeting Myk and Brook, Lanie keeping a hold of Ronnie.  I took a seat on the love seat next to Myk, settling a sleeping Lady on my lap. My little girl’s sleeping has not changed much.

“Oh right you guys have yet to meet. Shaniqua this is my sister Asia. Asia this is Shaniqua, Marquise‘s mom.” We both smile at each other and reach a hand out to shake. “Nice to meet you.” “Like wise. You’re married to Marshall, right?”

Before I can answer her a disgruntled Hailie does. “No, they’re not. You would think that they would go ahead and tie the knot but nooooo.” I couldn’t help but to laugh at her antics. She took it worse than anybody when me and Marshall decided we just wanted to be together, no marriage. At least not now.

“We decided not to do the whole married thing. It’s just not us.” Shaniqua’s head bobs in understanding. Movement in my arms causes me to look down. Seconds later Lady’s brilliant blue eyes flutter open. After her eyes focus on me she starts to look around. No doubt searching for Marshall or Hailie. Spotting Hailie she slides out of my embrace and runs to her sister.

Myk and Shaniqua chuckle a little as Marquise says. “She really loves her sister. Hope Brook is like that with me when she’s older.” A smile graces Shanique and Myk’s faces. I see Hailie shaking her head ‘no’ so I focus to her as she responds. “Really I look the most like Dad. Dad says that Lady is more of Daddy’s girl than I ever was.” We all laugh out loud a little at that. 

A second after the laughter died down my phone rings. Hearing my ring tone Myk smiles over to me. I still hadn’t changed it from Never Land. Pulling my phone from my back pocket I answer. “Hey babe, what’s up?” There are a few beats of silence before he responds. “Asia, I need you to go somewhere with privacy.” No one is on the balcony at the moment so I head there. I am not going to be the girl that needs an explanation for why I need to go to privacy. I mean really, that’s why you need privacy. “Okay hold on.” I stand up and head to the balcony. 

Once I step outside I shut the door behind me. Not acknowledging the confused look on Myk’s face. “Okay Marshall what’s up?” Marshall then proceeds to tell me all about this new artist in the studio. When he said her name my mouth dropped open. Evelyn Knight. I had to check myself real quick. There is no way this girl is my sister or relative at all. Just because her name is Knight. I mean there has to be lost of people out there with that last name.

“Okay although I agree that it is coincidental her name is Knight that doesn’t mean we are related.” Marshall scoffs on the other end. “You only say that because you haven’t seen her yet.” I nod in agreement to his statement. “Fine. Send me a picture then.” He agrees and we hang up. 

Meanwhile I head back into the house with everyone else. When I sit down Myk is giving me her ‘tell me now’ face. I shake my head at her expression. “Not now.” I whisper so only she can hear. She gives me a stiff nod and turns to watch the kids playing.