Chapter 8

"You idiot!" A hand came across his face with such force it stung. He didn't move. "Do you realize you could've died?"

He made a mistake. No, not a mistake, a gamble. He put himself in harms way to stop a villain.

He knew the villain would swing at him and give ladybug a chance to attack and defeat it quickly. If she hadn't been fast enough, he...

"But it worked? I'm fine right? Why are you angry?" He seemed genuinely confused. Which only made her angrier.

"What if it hadn't? What if I didn't make it in time? Do you realize how dangerous that was? What could have happened to you?" She screamed at him.

She was breathing heavy. She was scared, it was almost in slow motion. How the huge body of the victim was aiming at Chat. How he was left wide open for her.

How Chat looked directly ahead with eyes full of trust. He wasn't going to move. He wasn't going to fight back. He just stood there waiting for her.

If she had messed up.

She could have never forgiven herself for hurting him. Her closet friend and partner. She would have hated herself with her whole being.

"Chat, I never want you to put yourself in dangerous position like that again."

"I was just trying to help I don't get why you're mad." Chat reached out for her but she brushed his hand away. "You did something terrible Chat."

"I won't forgive you."

~

NEW CHAT
Chloe: I need you asap.

Marinette: I'm really not in the mood.

Chloe: It's Adrien!!! he's really down but I'm too busy right now and they won't let me go see him!!! 😡😡

...

Marinette stared down at her phone. She wasn't in any mood to cheer anybody up. But she also hated the thought of Adrien alone when he was miserable.

She looked over at the warm treats she had just baked. She decided then she would do her best to comfort him. She texted Chloe and packed the goodies and headed towards his house.

~

Adrien laid on his bed. His chest ached and he refused to see any of his teachers.

He felt terrible. He turned on his back and sighed. "I really don't understand what I did wrong. The victim was saved!"

Plagg sighed thinking beside Adrien. " I can't help you out with this one. I thought you did great. Didn't end with any casualties." He shrugged.

"I've never heard Ladybug so angry before." Adrien shivered at the memory of her voice. "But what bothers me the most is that I feel like I disappointed her. She said she wouldn't forgive me."

He poked Plagg pleading. "What should I do?"
"You shouldn't come to
Me for advice kid." Adrien sighed. "Then who can I ask?"

He was silent for a second before a knock came at his door. "Adrien, A marinette is here to see you. Should I send her away?"

Adrien sat up in bed. Marinette? The girl who came to his party, Marinette? Why would she-?

Wait, this could be fate. He could ask her why Ladybug was mad with him. Of course he'll have to explain it like a hypothetical scenario with person A and person B.

"Adrien? Are you asleep?" Adrien answered quickly with a "let her in!" A little too desperately. "Yes sir."

A few moments later the door opened and the smell from the bakery sweets filled the room and made Adrien's mouth water.

Marinette stepped into his room a little embarrassed. It was huge and empty beside his bed and a stand. Railings were adjusted on the wall to help him get around the room.

It was something Marinette had never would have guessed he used. He got up and shook her hand without any trouble getting around.

"Marinette it's so nice of you to come to visit!" He said truthfully with a radiant smile. Her cheeks turned pink and she handed him the box with a nod.

"These are for you. I don't even know if you'll like them but-" Adrien immediately bit into a muffin. He could feel his insides warming up. "This is amazing!"

Marinette giggled at his child like behavior. He smiled embarrassed and tried to get back to his goal. "I don't mean to sound rude, but why are you here Marinette?"

"Chloe wanted to be here, but she was busy and sent me." Adrien chuckled. "Sorry Chloe can get a little bossy. You probably had better things to do."

Marinette shook her head. "Not at all, If I had stayed home I would have only thought of useless things." She said in a joking tune.

Adrien scratched the back of his head questioning wether to ask her for advice or not. Maybe she has a lot in her plate too. Would he be troubling her?

"Adrien? You look like you have something to say." She tilted her head curiously. Adrien felt a sudden comfort by it. He could feel her curious eyes on him and there was nothing holding him back.

"Marinette, I need some advice."

~
Promise to do better with uploading ;)
~