Chapter 6

"Adrien Agreste..." Marinette muttered while looking him up on search engines.

"You won't find anything really." Ayla came up behind her. She took Marinette's phone from her hand and typed something in.

She handed it back and Marinette stared at the screen. It was one picture of Gabriel his wife and a baby in their arms.

"Adrien Agreste, he's not in the media ever. Only him being born was published but nothing has been heard of since and no one knows why."

Marinette stared at the picture. They looked happy. Adrien seemed happy too, but not even his father appeared for his birthday party.

If he wasn't blind would his life be different? Happier?

Ayla shook her out of her thought. "Why are you looking into this? What's up?" She asked. But before Marinette could say anything Chloe called her out.

"Marinette, follow me!" Marinette nodded mouth opened in surprise. What could she want?

"If she tries anything scream. Il be there in a heartbeat." Ayla patted her on the back. Marinette nodded and thanked her.

She followed Chloe until she led her to an empty bathroom. She checked to make sure.

"Adrien's 'health issues' are a secret. If the press knew they'd go crazy with stories. Gabriel and Adrien would be harassed. Don't go blabbering about it!" She angrily whispered.

"Chloe I wasn't going to tell. It's not my place. I respect Adrien." Marinette answered.

Chloe's eyes stayed on her. Looking her up and down. A blush appearing on her face. "W-would you like to see him again?" She asked quietly.

"He had fun. I like him having friends so-so be his friend alright?" Chloe asked but it came out like an order.

Marinette smiled, she liked this shy side of Chloe. Adrien made her react this way. If he can calm a scary person like her he could probably solve world problems with a smile.

"I'd gladly be his friend. He is a very wonderful person."

A huge grin appeared on Chloe's face. "Of course he is! Is an amazing person! Kind, caring, and very brave!" Chloe fangirled about him for another five minutes before she realized what she was doing.

"A-anyways give me your number. So we can plan when to see him." She bit her lip nervously.

Marinette entered her number in Chloe's phone and they left separately. Marinette went back to class apologizing to the teacher for being late.

She sat in class thinking about the boy. He truly seemed like a wonderful person and the way Chloe was around him.

She wished them happiness.

~

"What are you thinking about, Adrien?" Plagg asked as Adrien laid on his bed staring at the ceiling.

He had just finished his school work for the day. Having to hear the listen and reading with Braille Alphabet.

He was tired of his teachers icy voice. He wished to hear a sweet almost melody voice.

Then the voice of the girl he had met yesterday came into his mind.

She had a soothing voice. One that made him happy instantly. With a slight resemblance to one he loved.

But her voice lacked the confidence.

"Adrien! Are you ignoring me? How dare you! The one that blessed you with my presence-!"

Adrien sat up tilting his head up in the direction of where the small creature's screaming came from.

"S-Sorry Plagg! I was just thinking." Adrien lifted his hand to him.

Plagg rolled his eyes but flew into his hand to let the boy touch him. He gave Adrien a hard time but he really did like the boy.

He deserved so much more than what he was put up with. Blindness and a distant father. His father should be beside him supporting him with everything he has.

Yet he chooses this route instead.

"Adrien are you alright for today? You seem a little distracted. That could be dangerous if you're jumping around a city with only senses guiding you."

Adrien smiled, "il be fine, I'm just a little nervous." He blushed. "I want to tell her today. That I really do love her."

Plagg hated to ruin his dreams but he had to ask for Adrien's sake. "And will you tell her?"

Adrien's blush disappeared and his joyful smiled turned to one full of sadness. "I-I don't know. What if she treats me differently? I'm scared of that."

"I feel normal when I'm around her. What if she doesn't like me when I tell her I am? Oh god what if-"

"Is that how you think of Ladybug?" Plagg shut the boy's mouth with his words. Adrien stared wide eyed realizing what he said.

"No, she's nothing like that. She's a kind person she'd never judge me based on that..." Adrien laid back down full of guilt when thinking that his lady would react that way.

"You're just nervous, cheer up. You'll be fine." Plagg tried to comfort him.

Adrien closed his eyes. "Why couldn't I be normal? Why was I born like this Plagg?"

"I'd make friends and go to school. I'd be able to see colors. To see why people are so obsessed with a sunset. See the face of the girl I loved." Adrien spoke excitedly and then paused as his face dropped. "And... I wouldn't be such a burden."

Adrien's fist pulled the sheets closer to him. He buried his face into his pillow. It had been a long time since he had last pitied himself.

Plagg could only sit beside the boy while he let it all out. Plagg himself would feel guilty for not being able to do or say anything.

He deserved so much better.

~
Thanks for the wait!
So grateful to you, who are reading my story and enjoying it!
~