Chatper 4

Marinette had been restless since that night.

Chat had acted incredibly strange. Even more than usual. She was unsure what was happening with him and it made her worry.

She had met Chat over 4 years ago. It was a strange arrangement, but it was one she wouldn't trade for the world.

She became close with him after time. She began to trust the boy like no other. She was fascinated by his energetic personality and his jokes.

She even fell in love with him.

Never once had she been in love before. So she was not used to the feeling. Or how to express it. She became a stuttering mess when she first realized.

Although he was dense enough not to realize. Which she will forever be grateful for.

She became extremely shy when it came to that type of topic. Although she did calm down throughout the years, but her love for him didn't.

Besides being a super hero nothing much went on in her life. She went to school, helped at a bakery, and other normal things.

She was a great student and mostly spent her time with her best friend Ayla and her boyfriend Nino.

Nino didn't have any friends until he and Ayla got put together a school project and they clicked.

It was nice to know Nino had made a friend. Then I had become his next friend and the three of us have been together since.

"Marinette!" Her mother called her down. She stood up from the sewing she was doing and went down to the bakery.

She stared at a person she wasn't expecting. Chloe, the mayor's daughter. Chloe had always bothered Marinette. But she looked in need.

Her mother gave her a kind smile. "We have the cake your ordered ready." Chloe took out large wads of bills out. "It says it? On the top?"

Marinette looked at both of them confused. The mother nodded. "Yes, happy birthday Adrien. In the Braille alphabet."

Chloe blushed looking embarrassed. "Thank you." Marinette was so surprised hearing her thank someone. She was blushing and actually being nice. Who was this Adrien?

"If you need help carrying the cake Marinette can do it. Can't you dear?" Marinette looked over at her mom about to protest but then saw the look in Chloe's eyes.

Chloe really didn't want to drop the cake on accident. And Marinette's clumsiness disappeared completely. The girl was nervous like she's never seen before.

Chloe didn't want to ask she really didn't. "I'm here if you need me Chloe." Marinette smiled. "If you're so persistent then go ahead." She paid and flipped her hair and walked out. "Hurry up." She shouted.

Marinette sighed and grabbed the cake. Her mother put a hand on her shoulder. "Be strong, you're doing the right thing." Marinette gave a small chuckle and followed Chloe to her car.

They rode silently in the back. Chloe facing the window her arms crossed not daring to look at Marinette.

Marinette felt uncomfortable. "S-So who's this Adrien?" She asked in a lame attempt at conversation.

Chloe didn't look back but did answer. "Aren't you suppose to be a huge fan of Gabriel Agreste? It's his son."

Marinette thought back. Ah, he did have one. But he didn't appear much in anything. There were no pictures of him on any social media.

She looked down at the cake. "Braille alphabet? Is he blind?" Chloe instantly flared up. "Yeah so? It's not his fault!"

"Calm down Chloe. I was just asking I didn't mean any harm!" Marinette looked at her wide eyed. Really seeing new sides of Chloe today.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Maybe because you admire him that's why I hate you."

Ouch, straight to the point huh?
"What do you mean?" Marinette asked trying to understand what was going on.

"Mr.Agreste is a huge jerk to Adrien! He bullies him and won't let him out. Poor Adriem suffers so much because of him!" Chloe was visibly angry.

Marinette didn't know how to react. She didn't know what to say to calm her down. "A-at least he has a wonderful friend like you to worry about him!" Was all she could come up with.

Chloe sat up regaining her composure. "You're right, I'm going to steal him away from his father. I'm going to make him my husband."

Marinette forced a smile. She really has gotten herself into a troublesome situation.