Chapter 5

"This way. Careful! Don't let that klutz personality come back!" Chloe had returned to her bossy self.

Marinette was sure she imagined that Chloe. She carried the cake with her back straight and presentable.

She was now in the Agreste home. Having Chloe lead the way to a long dinner table. She had her set it down.

"Marinette," Chloe turned to her. She gave a small jump at how intimidating her eyes looked.

"Yes?" Marinette forced a smile. "T-Thanks for letting me unload these feelings on you." She blushed.

"What? Really?" Marinette stared at her mouth open. In total shock by her strange behavior.

Chloe seemed insulted by the look on her face. "I'm being nice why do you make that face!"

Marinette laughed. "Sorry sorry! I just didn't expect it!" Chloe was flustered. "How dare you!"

"Ladies, I do ask you show some self control."

"Natalie, where's Adrien?" Chloe turned to a lady with black hair and red bangs.

"Always straight to the point aren't you? He's upstairs should be starting to head down here any second."

Marinette smiled politely at the lady but was ignored. "Who is that?" She asked Chloe.

"Marinette, daughter of the bakers for the cake. She helped me bring it here." She took the cake cover off to show the cake.

Natalie looked over it quickly. "I see, looks good. Il go get him you can wait here." She turned and went up the stairs.

"I guess I should go now Chloe. I wouldn't want to intrude into the party for him and his friends." Marinette smiled slowly stepping towards the doorway.

"It's just me Marinette." Chloe turned to her.

"What do you mean? You're the only one to make it?" She asked stopping at the serious look on her face.

"I'm his only friend. Gabriel doesn't let him out so there's no way he'd make friends. My family was always close with his when his mother alive. So that's how we met." She stared at the cake.

"Hey Chloe, how are you?" Adrien appeared at the doorway. He had pale green eyes. Although blind he was facing her direction.

Chloe was embarrassed. He had heard her talking about him but he didn't say anything. He kept smiling.

"I-I'm good!" She pulled on the edge of her dress looking up at him. "T-this is Marinette." She pulled her towards him.

"H-Hello, nice to meet you." Marinette smiled taking his extended hand. At hearing her voice he tilted his head to the side.

He didn't let go of her hand. She didn't pull away but she was a little worried of the reason.

"You're voice, is very beautiful." He said once he realized he was still holding her hand. He let go and walked over to where Chloe was.

She jumped into his arms. "Happy birthday Adri-honey!" She giggled. He laughed with her.

Marinette watched him with curiousity. He was very handsome. With blonde hair and those green eyes. He was tall and slender but he looked healthy.

He seemed to be a very calm person with great manners. A very kind person by the way he spoke to Chloe. She still had her normal attitude in front of him ordering his maids to set everything. But still he thanked her for everything.

"Marinette, why don't you stay for some cake? I'd never be able to finish it all on my own." He smiled over at her.

"Really? I wouldn't want to be a bother." Marinette twiddled her thumbs nervously.

"Just hurry up at sit down, clumsy girl." Chloe rolled her eyes but seemed happy with Adrien making more friends.

Marinette sat down beside Adrien who sat at the edge and across Chloe.

Marinette couldn't stop laughing. Adrien had been telling them embarrassing stories with a dramatic look on his face.

Then turning into a beautiful laugh when he felt good about making them laugh. The boy was a gem.

It had gotten late when they finished up. Chloe had a smile on her face that Marinette had never seen before. One of pure joy.

"I'm glad that you had fun Adrien!" She kissed him on the cheek lovingly.

"Thank you for coming." He look her hands in his. "Braille Alphabet, it was such a touching thought. Thank you."

Chloe by this point had half her soul out. How adorable this man was Marinette could never guess. He just got cuter and nicer with every minute.

He then turned to Marinette. He reached out and she took his hand. His eyes looked her way. If she hadn't been told he was blind she probably wouldn't have even guessed.

He moves so well and his eyes follow the person speaking. "I had an amazing time with you Marinette. Thank you for staying."

His smile was getting to her too. Her face flushed bright red. "I-It was an honor! Thank you for having me!"

Again he cocked his head listening intently to her voice, but he said nothing and let her go.

He waved them both off from this door.
They called out goodbyes and separately Chloe and Marinette went home.

Adrien slowly climbed the stairs grabbing on to the handles. Dragging his hand across the wall he found his room and stepped in.

"Plagg?" He called out to make sure he was alone with the kwami."

"Made a new friend? Another voice was there I heard." Plagg answered flying up close to the boy.

"That girl..." Adrien trailed off.

"Yeah? What about her?"

"Forget it, I'm tired il be going to bed now." Adrien felt for his bed and laid down.

"Alright birthday boy rest up! Tomorrow we have a big day ahead of us right?"

"Yeah, I'll confess tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the long wait. But thank you for asking me to continue. It means a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~