Chapter 3

He couldn't get her smile out of his mind. The only memory he ever had was of her.

"Adrien? Are you alright? Tired? Hungry?" Natalie asked.

Adrien opened his eyes finding where her voice came from. He smiled leaning back into his chair.

"I'm alright, thank you."

Natalie didn't let up. "You seem unwell, you've had a distressed look on your face. I should call your father."

Adrien stood up his hands on the table. "Natalie, he's a busy person. He has more important things to deal with. I'm alright."

"But Adrien-"

"Natalie, let it go." Adrien ordered. Natalie jumped at the sudden change in his voice.

Adrien was a kind boy, but he really hated pity. Being pitied all his life has been tiring and frustrating.

The only person who hadn't-

"Ladybug."

Her face appeared in his mind once again. His anger disappeared instantly. He sat back down with a goofy smile on his face.

The only thing that stood in between them were masks. I wonder what she looked like without it on.

The question was wether he could ever see again.

"Adrien." A cold voice called out to him.

He didn't look for where the voice came from. It didn't matter what he did. His father would never treat him like what he wanted.

Adrien grabbed his shirt nervously. "Hello, Father."

He heard his steps end beside him. He could feel his glare.

"Causing trouble, Adrien?"

Adrien didn't answer but faced his father.

"Let me go out."

Gabriel didn't move but watched Adrien's face closely.

"There's nothing out there." He nodded over to Natalie. Making her leave the room.

"There is! You just won't let me see it!"

"See?"

His heart stopped. He hated that sarcastic tone of voice. Before he finaled his decision. With no form of Adrien being able to fight back.

"What is it you want to see so badly Adrien?"

"Let me go." He pleaded. "Please."

Gabriel said nothing. He only stood up straighter.

"If you have no reason, what is the point?"

Adrien winced. "I-I can take care of myself! Please!" He shivered as he felt his glare intensify.

"You can't take care of anything. Much less yourself."

Adrien stopped. He was right. There was nothing to back him up against that statement.

Gabriel feeling he had won left without another word. Leaving Adrien feeling useless and miserable.

~

"Hey, Plagg. What was that?" Adrien asked several hours later. When he had finally had the courage to speak again.

The little kwami bit into its cheese. It's eyes closed in bliss. He looked over at his human as his face looked like it was about to break at any second.

"A gift." It said with a mouth full of cheese.

"What do you mean?" Adrien sat up his face turning into a more curious one.

"The miraculous grants powers. You're's and Ladybug's being the most powerful it gives you stronger powers than the others."

"Ladybug before receiving her miraculous was very unlucky. With her power she received luck."

The kwami looked over again at the boy.

"With you, you'll recieve sight."

The boy's eyes brightened up. His whole body shivered at the thought. Being able to see? The world? Colors? Anything?

"But, it's not that easy." It hurt the kwami to disappoint they boy when he had looked so happy.

"You have to believe in yourself. And with that old man always putting you down its hard right? To have some self confidence?"

Adrien closed his eyes. "All I want is to see Plagg. Once I do I won't have to worry about him." He smiled.

The Kwami returned a smile. "I believe in you kid."

Adrien laughed, when would he be able to see his Lady again?