Love's Complicated

I picked my light purple bag up off of the floor and packed it with all my books and my lunch. School! Hated it...

"Mia are you ready?" Taylor called from downstairs.

"Yes I'm coming" I shouted towards my sister. I grabbed my backpack, swinging it on to my shoulder and ran downstairs, being careful not to trip in the process as I rushed down.

I always tried to be late for school because I hated going, Rosie -my best friend- was the only reason that I did go to that awful place, it was like a jail that sent you home and then forced you to come back with papers and heavy books!

"Bye everyone." Taylor shouted out as I ran out the door just as Taylor was about to close the door.

Jumping into the car, I rested my head against the window absolutely dreading this day, a tear rolled down my cheek as I thought about my parents,

"Mia.." Taylor said as she heard me sniff,

"Yeah?" I said my voice strained a little while still facing the window, watching the trees pass in a blur.

"Just stay strong today, ok!" She said, Taylor patted my back and I turned my head towards her, Wiping my face with the back of my hand as another tear fell down my cheek.

"I just still can't believe that today six years ago they were still with us for only a few more hours" I said my voice straining a little again.

I grabbed a tissue from my pocket and I wiped the dry tears off of my face, silence fell in the car and I knew that we were both crying now,

"At least we still have each other" Taylor said breaking the silence as she pulled up to the school,

"Enjoy your day Mia." She said smiling,

She kissed me on the forehead and I opened my door, I set my foot out of the car and pushed myself out. I walked along the grass and then up the stairs and down the hall way. Turning the corner I noticed as everyone started staring at me.

Hurrying towards my locker I put my key into the lock, the lock clicked open and I opened the door, lifting my heavy bag I pulled out the books I didn't need, including my lunch box. I closed the door and locked it again.

As I walked down the hall way I heard whispers everywhere around me, everyone knew that today was the day my parents died, and that today was the day six years ago that my life changed forever! It became lonely. I looked around for Rosie as I walked to class.

"Mia! There you are" I jumped as I heard my name,

"Hay..." I said coldly as I continued to walk, I heard Rosie sigh behind me and stomp besides me.

"Hay brighten up its Friday!" She said letting off a huge smile that was irresistible to guys,

Rosie was the type who got all the guys but she chose me over them,

I walked past some of my old friends as they tried not to make eye contact with me as I give them the death stare, Rosie was silent the whole way to class, I personally think it's because she realized what day it was for me and my sister, she never liked to bring it up so she just never said anything,

"When is Taylor getting married?" Rosie asked as we sat at our desks,

"One month" I smiled thinking of how happy Taylor is with her Fiancé,

"Yay I finally got you to smile!" She said joking with me, I giggled at her comment and the teacher came in yay the beginning of the school day... what fun!

Sitting at my desk I listened to the lesson. Sort of. I actually had no clue what our teacher was talking about; my head was some place other... Don't ask me where. I'm like an expert at day dreaming but I like think of the most random things ever. I'm just glad I'm not thinking about my parents too much.