4th November, 2016

THE CALM OF THE QUIET morning was shattered by the screeching of a particularly loud seagull.

A feminine figure stepped out onto the sand and gazed at the sea. The air was dry, static even and the early sky was ringed red.

Jeannette looked calculatingly at the sea, the gears of her brain in action. The crests of the waves were white with foam and were higher than usual. The clouds are dark hung low. The birds were restless. They were all the indications for a storm. It would occur later that day.

Living by the sea all her life had given her an edge which came in very handy that particular day. Unlike many others, she could tell exactly when the storm would strike. And she knew exactly what to do when it struck.

Ava, despite having lived by the sea all her life herself had never developed this edge. The girl was just as dense as her father, if not more.

Jeannette remembered her lonely, deplorable childhood— her absent parents, her lack of siblings, lack of the love she needed. It made her angry. No. It made her fucking furious at how everyone had treated her like she was nonexistent.

Except for John, she thought. Until recently.

Her heart, if she did have one still ached for him. But she had a mission to accomplish. She had to do it no matter what. She had been waiting for that day for fourteen years.

She would pity herself. She felt that she deserved to. I have no heart, she thought. Nobody loved me enough. She was fucked up and she knew it. And that was what she would use to her advantage.

She thought of the enormity of what she was going to do. She was killing her own child after all she was her own flesh and blood. A surge of jealousy courses through her. The child had what Jeannette never had. The love of her parents. At least, of her father. Jeannette had never loved her.

She never was my daughter.

The day had finally come. The day she had waited for years, ticking off each day in anticipation.

Jeanette gritted her teeth and smiled to herself. It is now or never.

 It is now or never

Authors' note:

With this part the whole flashback story ends— the story of Jeanette's motive ends, hopefully informing you of her incentives, and now the story will proceed from where I left off. You might have noticed that this part bears a lot of similarities with the part titled 'Unus'. This is because the two parts are of the same time (the day of the murder) just with a little more information now. Thought I should clear that up.
Happy reading!