Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!

Start from the beginning

“It is worst than we thought, they are digging their way out. It won't be long before they are through and escape. We have to move now. Gather your things we leave as soon as I can perform the ritual to protect you and grant you the Powers of the Goddess. Head out to the Sacred grounds.” Diana and I were gone in a flash. Literally. We moved so fast the room lit up with our combined green/blue and silver flashes. That is something that rarely ever happens, least, I have never seen it before. We sat out at the sacred grounds waiting for them to arrive for a good thirty minutes. I started flitting around the ceremonial site. 'What is taking them so long?' I mind sent to Diana

'I guess they didn't have everything packed yet. Oh, look here they come.' She sent back. Diana rose to her feet as they grew closer.

“What took so long we don't have much time to waste they could be digging out as we speak.” I know I sound aggravated at them it is just after all this time the last thing we need is to have any escape when we are about to finish what we started. “Are you all ready?”

“Yes, we just had to finish packing the explosives they are not kept in the manor for safety. That and a quick change. We are ready to head out I have the plans with us and a few torches also this time.” Bavo explained.

“OK. All join hands like the last time. I am going to have to stop mid ghosting to destroy all you communication devices, the King can't disable them because of the Queen. Are you all ready?”

“Ready as we are ever going to be.” Icka replied.

“Good close your eyes while I shield you all, and grant you all Goddess Powers for your mission. You should feel a slight heady feeling... Now.” I ghosted them down toward the small cavern hovering off the coast of what was California for just a second to destroy the communication devices then instantly we were inside the cavern. I released them. Stepping back to watch; they went to work. Three torches lit up so they could see what they were doing. The maps came out next then they went up on the wall so they could follow. They systematically got to work. In no time at all one blast went off a short time later two more followed. It took a good minute before the howling began from the other side of the stone wall of the cavern.

“Sounds like it is working. I am going to go check it out be right back.” Bavo said. He flashed out then back into the small cavern. “It's working like a charm. I just hope all three tubes keep flowing the way they are. It's only a quarter full at the moment.” He informed us. They took turns flashing in and out of the big cavern to check on the demon, and the progress of the lava flows. By midnight Hawaii time the cavern was almost full, and most of the noise had gone silent, it was eerily so. With over a million demon just five or so feet on the other side of the wall from us—a wall that was glowing a dull red in color from the heat beyond—It was becoming uncomfortable for them even with the Goddess' Power and spell I bestowed upon everyone. I was starting to worry if the wall was going to hold back all that pressure of the three wells of lava being forced up into the cavern beyond. I disappeared to go check it out...

I very slowly but surely drifted through the wall between the two caverns checking for fractures in the mass of rock. It was holding, but just by a wish and a prayer. I went deeper to check how the flows were doing deep down within the mantle of the earth. The lower mantle was still filling the pools of lava waiting to push their way upward; even in the smallest of the three lave wells was filling steadily. I ghosted back to the small cavern—all hell was breaking loose upon arrival—“Gather up all the rest of the explosives, and flash out of here Icka. Lady Gaia take the maps, and head up to the beach with Icka I will meet you as soon as I can.” Bavo disappeared...

Icka and Lady Gaia did the same before I even had a chance to ask question one. Diana was nowhere to be seen. 'Diana? Can you hear me, girl? I want answers immediately!' I shouted within her mind. Then I heard it. The sound was subtle at first a slight rumble then the whole wall collapsed inward onto me as I was in the process of reacting to the sudden intense heat, and wall of lava thrown my way. I wouldn't have hurt me in any way other than startle me a bit like it did, and send my sentient form flying into the rear wall. I vanished before it hit. That was close considering I just got through checking that entire wall out just a mater of minutes before. They never even saw me come back into the cavern to warn me it happened so fast. 'Mother? Are you there? Can you hear me, mother?'

'Yes, Diana I hear you. Where are you honey? I am on my way up from the cavern, it just collapsed on me.'

'Were you injured when it happened, Mother?' Diana asked.

'No. Of course not. I was just startled a bit. I didn't expect that to happen. I just finished checking the wall, and it seemed fine. I have no idea what happened.'

'It was Bavo that happened. He went inside to check things out and forgot he had a packet of explosive with him. He dropped it at the far end, and it went off causing a ripple effect.'

'So, they found a scenario they hadn't planned for after all. Where are they all now?'

'On a remote section of beach on the big island closest to here. I will take you if you like.' We headed off to meet up with the group, a new base of operations will now have to be setup to finish the job from. Weeks of planning down the drain all because of a slip up. They are almost back to square one with the exception of having a cavern that is slowly filling up with lava, and no idea how long it will take from here on out; or if it will even fill completely now.