Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 2 A New Way of Life at Ravenwood

Knock, knock “Hey Bavo get your butt out of bed you know Wilda want’s us down to breakfast by 6 AM. Get a move on.” Valia moved on to the next suite down the line to wake up sister Icka knock, knock. The door opened. “You ready for breakfast, good lets go.” they joined hands after Icka bobbed her head yes closed the door to her bedroom suite. “Don't you just love these new bedrooms? Goddess I could just live in that shower 6 shower heads and that rain shower. Oh My Goddess it was to die for.” Valia gushes out.

“I know and endless hot water and the changing lights with my favorite music while I was in there too. I wonder where it was coming from it came from everywhere.” Icka returned. “It was nice getting out to heated floors for once not like back home, bloody hell, getting out of the shower there to a freezing floor after a steaming hot shower was a real bugger.” Icka was rambling on; Valia just laughing at her.

“I remember. I couldn't wait to get here to see if they really did take my suggestion about the bathrooms floors to heart. I am so glad they did though,” Finally reaching the bottom step of the newly rebuilt elegant maroon and gold carpeted wide sweeping staircase. “Come, I want to see what Maria has made for us for breakfast I am starving.” I told Icka. I pulled her along with me hurrying along into the dining room shuddering when we got to the doorway. “Wow! Would you look at that! A new table and these chairs are so much bigger and on wheels too. Look they even made the room bigger. But how? I didn't know they could do that!” I was amazed to say the least.

“I know 18, 19, 20, there are 20 chairs. Valia that is way more that before where do you want to sit? I bet Bavo will sit where Uncle Sandu used to sit at the head of the table. It would be just like him to be right near the food. I don't really care either way. I think I want the one on the east side of the table it just kind of feels more comfortable to me for some reason.” after walking around the table several times together Icka replied.

“Isn't that funny, I guess I will sit opposite you here,” I pointed to the chair I was approaching, pulling it out it glided out on the smoothest casters sitting down it was effortless easy to scoot back up to the table. “I love these cushions they are so soft and finally something nice to lean back on, not like our old chairs. Ah!” I looked over the table to Icka she agrees with me completely. Now where are my brother and Lady Gaia?

Poof, speak of the little Goddess herself. “Hi Lady Gaia how are you this morning?” I asked her

“Great I slept like a baby, well almost overslept that new bed was great.” she was ear to ear grinning. She just popped into the dining room just like her to not walk down four flights of stairs. “So this is the new dining room they wouldn't let us see last night when we got here huh? Nice, much bigger I like.” She walked around checking out all the new improvements and took a seat next to me. I could have sworn she would have sat at the far end of the table, nope. Same place as last time we were all here, except we all sat at the far end of the table as a group and our parents sat at this end closest to the food table. “Where is Bavo late as always?” she pondered.

“Would he be otherwise?” In walked Maria with the beginning of the breakfast meal on a brand new serving cart brimming with the best smelling foods. I can't wait to begin serving up a plate of what she made us to eat, I am famished. “Morning Maria that all smells delicious, I can't wait to dig in. Giggle.” I laughed out.

“Well, I guess you are just going to have to you, know the house rules no breakfast till everyone is seated at the table unless there is a special reason for their absence.” Maria reminded us all. We all gave off the most pitiful sighs in the history of the manor I swear. “Sorry girls house rules you all know them well.” She turned to grab the last steaming platter to place upon the table removing the cover on the heated and cooling sideboard table. Even that was totally new to the dining room. Maria placed all the covers under the table in their proper places till it was time to cover the open holes back up. Turning toward the door in walked none other than, the late as usual long lost brother of mine, Bavo. “Your late young man and you know I don't stand for that see that it doesn’t happen again.” Maria reprimanded him then turned and wheeled the cart back to the kitchen.