Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 12 Getting Big There Valia

Mother always told me that vampires where one of the fastest to heal and we as the chosen ones heal even faster. Then someone tell me why I have been stuck in this bed for the last week? Today I was released finally to the joys of my awaiting family a party has been planned in my honor tonight—I swear they wait to throw a party for any occasion at all—tonight I am the unlucky intended victim. I am just happy to be free of those four white walls I will give them their party to be free.

“Are you feeling better Valia? Aren't you glad to be out of there? I would go stir crazy being cooped up for so long! Are you hungry we can go get you something to eat? If you are tired we can go to your room? You are so quiet...” I covered Icka's mouth with my hand so I could get a word in edgewise damn that girl can talk I swear.

“Slow down girl I am fine. I am just glad to be out of that room. Sheese. Now let's go down to the training grounds to see how the men have been getting along without me.” I released my hand from her mouth then stepped back and waited for the bragger of questions to begin again.

“Oh OK. This way.” She reached down and took my hand in hers and pulled me along through the winding turns of the old castle not even trying to flash me down to the training grounds. “Here we are sweetie. Let's go watch them practice, Bavo and Lady Gaia are out here with the men working on spells and sword fighting their two most needed fighting talents they are having problems with.” Huh, if I had been here for the last week or so I would have been able to whip these men into shape with the sword, I am the best of our group with a sword, that is what everybody tells me, anyway.

“Fine, lead the way,” We walked along the edge of the training grounds the castle wall to our backs and a pipe fence to our front separating us from the men. It was a huge odd shaped section cordoned off for practice. One section for hand to hand fighting practice, another for working with my specialty the sword, still another working with antique weapons—hand guns and rifles—anything not laser powered. I noticed that the antique weapon section through very busy was quiet when the weapons went off, must be something Lady Gaia or another witch spelled on the area to keep it quiet.

Cornor Sabau, Icka pointed out, was out on that range with the men teaching a handful of men to aim properly, he was behind the line of wooden rests set up to lay the guns down on walking to and fro waving his arms in the air and mouth moving rapidly. It was funny to see with no sound coming from his direction. We scooted along the gray rough castle wall over to the center of the field viewing area.

“Bavo,” I called out to my brother, 'ouch' that's going to hurt in the morning. Giggle. He just got hit on the shoulder by the guy he was training from the back when I called distracting him as he looked up. Oops so bad. “Hey big brother looking good out there.” I commented.

“Thanks. I think,” He had his hand on his shoulder rubbing the spot where the guy he was training hit him. I turned him around to rub it out for him just like I always do when I do the same thing to him with our training. “Thanks, Valia, how are you feeling? And the baby? Any problems there?” He asked me, my hands stopped rubbing out the knots in his shoulder and fell to my side. Leave it to Bavo to remind me about the baby.

“Um... The um... baby, yeah um that. Well I guess everyone knows... I guess it is... fine sort of... I don't know.” I have no idea really, the doctor kept trying to talk to me about it, but I kept side stepping the topic. I have no idea how it is even possible that I became pregnant—let alone the freak second person syndrome—not my favorite topic at the moment. “How is the shoulder? Sorry I distracted you before,” I changed the subject.