Chapter 40 Time to Kill

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 40 Time to Kill

It has been two weeks since I first found the colony, while the rest of the group has been busy hashing out some sort of plan to get in there, and destroy their cavern with them in it. Diana and I have gone back several times to further check out the entire area to make a rough count of just about how many we would be dealing with. And while there, we searched the area for means to access the area for the team to get in and out quickly to plant explosives to bring down the mantle upon them as well as to flood the cavern—after bringing up the magma first to burn them alive—a sick torturous death to be sure, but none the less effective for one so hard to kill underground. A necessary evil for a veil evil such as these. Flooding is a necessary to stem the possibility of forming another accidental landmass. Most all these ideas have been from one or another of the group, and we—Diana and I—would go back and forth to see if they were even possible; then come back with a yes or no answer to them.

Being Goddess' now we have distanced ourselves from helping them directly in any way other than reconnaissance work; the eyes and ears of the team. We have seen a lot too, down there and though they don't really speak English, Diana, and I seem to understand what they seem to be saying, so much so, that we have blocked one or two of their plans to exit the cavern so far. A rumble in the Earth here and another there closing off their way out giving them only a select few options that we want them to have—the ones the team plan to use to bring down their world around them—those we left alone. The team still has several weeks worth of planning to finish, though they don't realize it—I have read their collective minds, and know for certain they are not all on the same page just yet—they soon will be; then it will be time to act.

I take Diana and go for a visit back to Germany so she can visit with her grandmother the Queen, bypassing the customary concourse stop off and go directly into the throne room where I sense the Queen to be. “All rise.” I hear as we ghost into the room still invisible to everyone. We wait for the Queen to settle down on her thrown and get comfortable and ready to start conducting business, then slowly appear directly in front of her at the foot of the dais, looking up at her forcing the glow a little brighter—a little something I learned while scouting the caverns for light; quite useful I mite add—They all scrambled to their knees around us, all, but the Queen, she looked shocked beyond belief stuttering.

“My... my... My Goddess'?...” She slipped to her knees from her thrown before us both.

“Yes, it is us. You may all rise.” My Voice bellowed out in the room. I always hated the way this room echoed, ridiculously so. “I brought your great granddaughter, Goddess of the Wolves, Diana, for a visit if that is suitable with you? Your Majesty?” I inclined my head in her direction were she was still standing.

“Well, yes quit suitable in deed. 'Your Grace' your presence in court is always welcome, Goddess of the Earth.” What a butter up. I inclined my head again then looked around the room at all the people she had in the room.

“I do hope we are no interrupting anything important. We can always come back another time?” I asked

“No!... No nothing really that important that can't wait till your visit is over. My Goddess.” There is something you don't see every day, the Queen putting aside important business for the likes of us. If we weren't Goddess' it would never happen. 'Mother!' I Giggles silently back to Diana's comment.

“Very well we will head up to that room you made up for us when you are finished here we will see you and the King both there if it pleases you?” We ghosted away before she even had time to speak. 'Mother, you are so bad.' 'I know daughter,' 'Just what are you two up to down there? Behave yourselves! I don't want to have to bring you both up here before me!' Just like that Mother of the Moon was gone without giving either of us a chance to respond. 'I guess I best be on my best behavior.' I said to my daughter.' 'Looks that way, Mother you have been warned.'