I'm so sorry that I hurt you, that wasn't my intention.

You may think I love Cormac more then you, but I don't.

In all this mess, it was my happiness that I only cared for, when you really did change and showed me how kind and caring you truly are. You left your pack behind to follow me to Cormac's...you went even further and proceeded to follow me here. You gave up so much for me and I haven't even stopped for a single moment to say thank you for trusting and believing in me...in us.

I let you down. I can't change that. If I had known being with Cormac alone would have broken you so much that you can hardly even look at me, I wouldn't have agreed to be alone with him. I care too much for the both of you and I want everything to work together harmoniously.

You have no obligation to me and I wouldn't blame you for leaving...

...I would leave me too.

I love you Marc, that won't change. Whatever you decide, know I won't ever hate you for the decisions that are rightfully yours to make...yours to make you happy, whatever they may be, I will accept them.

Love,

Rose

I hadn't noticed my hand shaking until after I had signed my name on the bottom. The pen drops back into the holder, tearing the single sheet of paper from the pad and bringing it closer so I can read it once more over. My nerves are under control for a split second...because if they hadn't been, I probably wouldn't have had the courage to squat down and slide the note under his door. Rising quickly to my feet, I let out a shaky breath before walking back down the hallway, knowing I've lost my appetite so maybe a quick nap might help push the stress away that I feel for this situation.

She's in my mind, letting me back in, my wolf giving me somewhat of a praise for admitting the truth of the situation.

I didn't just hurt Marc...

...I hurt her too.

She's a part of me, an unbalanced portion that somehow exists cohesively. If we can master being one with each other, then I don't see why Cormac and Marc can't as well. There's a small hope that I've been thinking about, especially with the way marking and claiming appears to solidify a bond...even if it's shaky. It allows trust and open honest communication, as I know now allowing Cormac and myself to communicate the way that we do.

I want this for all of us.

We can have it...however, I don't know if they'll go for my thoughts.

One step at a time, first I have to allow Marc to make his own choice that will lead him to the happiness he deserves.

Another praise, she's happy I'm no longer thinking about myself alone, but his feelings as well.

It's no more then a few moments, readying to turn down away from this hallway when I hear the door open to his room. My heart stops in my chest for a moment, almost too afraid to turn and face him, but I feel frozen to the spot when footsteps echo off the flooring. As my breathing becomes short, he approaches me, turning my gaze carefully on him and looking into his eyes when he comes to a halt a few feet away.

The letter is in his hand, his eyes full of mixed emotions, ones that appear to be tearing him apart from the inside out.

I did this.

"I'm-"

"Not a word," Marc cuts me off before I can apologize in person, but his eyes are not angry, his tone even as he continues, "I want to explain something to you that perhaps I assumed your wolf would have mentioned."