Chapter Fifty Six ~ Blueberry Pancakes

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, I happen to love this song." I said, making her laugh. "Do you want any help? I'm pretty good at making pancakes." I asked as she switched it to a different song.

"Yeah, c'mon over. I'll show you the Horan way."

                I laughed and walked over to her, looking down at the pan. The batter was slowly cooking, little bubbles forming at the top. Maura instructed me to grab another pan, and then pointed to where they were after I didn't know where to look. I cut a piece of the butter and put it on the pan and then set the whole thing on the stove.

"You can add whatever things you want it them." Maura said, pointing behind her.

                On the counter was a whole bunch of different fruits. There was a bowl of blueberries, some strawberries, even some cubed pineapple. There was even some chocolate chips. I've always been a fan of blueberry pancakes, so I grabbed the bowl of them.

"Why do you have so much?" I asked, taking the bowl of batter and a separate bowl that she was handing me.

                I poured some of the original batter into the separate bowl and then handed the original one back to Maura. I mixed in some blueberries in my new bowl and then put a scoop onto the pan. It sizzled and immediately started to cook. She's got some powerful stove.

"Well, I knew Niall was coming. And that he was bringing you, so I didn't want to run out of anything. By the way, I love your socks." Maura said. I laughed and looked down at them, wiggling my toes a bit.

"Thanks, I think... actually I think Niall got them for me." I said, grabbing an extra specula and beginning to flip my pancake.

"Does he get you a lot of things?" She asked, flipping her own. Well I wasn't sure if it was really her own pancake, because she's made at least five already.

"Yeah, he likes to spoil me. That's what he says anyway." I laughed, making her laugh as well. "But I try to have him not buy me stuff all the time. I don't want him wasting all his money on me. I have more than I'll ever need, so I don't want him spending any more on me." I said, smiling a little and putting the finished pancake on the plate.

                We kept up the girl talk, and to my surprise, it was really nice. I had hoped that we'd get along and so far we have. It's really great, she's such a sweetheart. I like her already so much, and I'm really glad that we've been getting along so great and I hope it goes like this for the next five days.

<> 

                I laughed and covered my mouth with my hand. Maura had decided to show me some of Niall's baby pictures, even though Niall complained about it. But anyway, it was an adorable picture and it so made up for that whole farting video my dad showed him. Niall looked over my shoulder at the picture, and then rolled his eyes before walking out of the room. Maura flipped to the next page and laughed a little at the picture.

"Oh, I've seen this one before." I said, looking down at the small picture.

"Niall showed you?" Maura asked, looking over at me.

                I froze in my spot, looking from her to the book. How do I tell her I had a blog about her son? That would freak her out, right. And then Niall would find out and oh my god, I'd never hear the end of it. But I can't lie to her. That would be even worse.

"I uh... I stalked your son." I said, saying it how it was. Owning a blog did sound a little stalkerish, but hell... it's fun.

"Oh... on Twitter or something?" Maura asked, obviously a little shocked.

"More or less." I shrugged, looking back at the page and trying to control the heat rising to my cheeks.

                After a few more minutes I excused myself to go to the bathroom. But honestly, I just needed a few minutes to collect my thoughts and try to not embarrass myself again. Especially in front of his mother. Or his father. Or his brother and sister in law, or and then his nephew. But Theo is so young he wouldn't even notice me being embarrassed.

                I made it to Niall's old room and walked in, sitting down on the bed. Okay, just a couple minutes to collect my thoughts and control my blushing. I need to learn what to say and what not to say. I shouldn't say things like that in front of her because I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. I heard the door open and Niall walked in, a huge smile on his face.

"So... I overheard someone saying something about stalking me. Or was it more of a blog?"

<><><><><><><><><><> 

There's the chapter! I hope you all liked it. Haha.

I have to go now because I need to go to bed now... so...

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms!

~Amanda<3 xXx

--The pic on the side is her outfit!!