9. Arrived

Quin

She was confused, technically she was not the heir, her half-brother Riq was. The only way she would become heir, was if he would happen to die. She felt a faint sting around the area of her heart, but it disappeared shortly after. Quin didn't like to be confused, she needed answers.

"If you want to talk business, you can put the knife down, Zoila" Quin said calmly, she said her name to let her know that she was not the only one who might know a thing or two about the other.

Zoila pushed the stressed looking Joe forward in to the room, made him kneel on the floor with a quick jab on the back of his knee and turned around to close the door. An opportunity. Quin jumped over the small black wooden table heading for Zoila's unguarded back, her Vedo powers humming with joy, in 1,47 seconds she'd reached her standing in front of the almost closed door. Ready to smash her head against it's smooth surface.

The Vedo princes turned and grabbed quins arm with one hand and her throat with the other. Shit. She threw her to the ground, her head hitting the floor. Don and Joe stood frozen in their places.

"You're not a full blood Alym?" Zoila said, her expression confused. "But somehow you're a princes. Oh, my mother is going to love this. The wonderful, great and smart Alym have a bastard daughter, the only one left to fill the throne." she sarcastically spat out.

Quin tried to sit up, her head aching a little, she wondered if she would get kicked down again if she tried, but Zoila did nothing but stare at her as did Joe and Don.

"What do you mean, the only one left?" Quin asked dryly.

"Your brother is presumed dead" Zoila answered her head cocking to the side, like she was waiting if Quin would show any reaction to that.

She didn't she had felt a faint sting before but it did not return with the news that she now faced. Her grandmother would never let her follow in her footsteps, nor could she blame her, Quin wasn't fit to rule the Alym. She would probably have the whole damn tribe executed within the first month of her reign.

"You know, there were rumors about you?" Zoila asked rhetorically as she continued "That you had lost your emotions, that you went all over the rails. They said it was because you never found an "anker", that you never had a chance to bond with anyone, no family member, friend, nobody."

Quin knew in what direction this was going, after all she had her doubts she was being a prisoner in the Vedo court, for stealing a horse... and killing it's owner when he tried to attack her for it. She couldn't blame him, she just couldn't let him live. The memory flashed before her, blood oozing from the dagger wound in his chest, the wide eyes that slowly lost their liveliness. Shame it was when she got caught at the next farm she passed. The Vedo had been tracking her and she had finally given them a reason to take her in. Well, a good reason of some sorts.

"Now it makes sense, if you're a halfbreed, your grandmother probably locked you up, didn't she Equina?" Zoila conspired.

Quin didn't know what to say, she dreaded the memory, fear lingered and tried to press forward, so she spat "It's Quin. My name is Quin." The Vedo heir ignored her and proceeded.

"Knowing the Alym they probably tried to make you normal, tried to fix you, convinced that their all-knowing brains would find a way to strip your, obvious, Vedo side." She eyed Quin from head to toe and back.

She was pinned down by the arrogant violet eyes, Quin faltered and looked away. She tried to keep the memories at bay but some managed to flash in her mind. People standing around her, the cold metal operating table she was tied to, instruments, used to inspect her brain and the smell, the horrible disinfected smell that she would never forget. Her bald head after those surgeries, it had taken her so long to grow her hair out. Finally they had given up, there was no way for them to fix her, they never cut her hair again.