6. Likeminded

Alixe

She looked at herself in the mirror of the washing room, her bright gold eyes seemed to fade against her tired pale face but still she looked much better, being washed and having a set of clean clothes on. She didn't know who the clothing had belonged to but they fitted her quite nicely. She wore a simple dark green long-sleeved shirt, black pants and her own black leather boots. When she looked at her boots she realized, she had lost the two things that actually had brought her here, the fur vest and leather jacket she had stolen. She still had them when she hid from the poachers. She must have lost them when she fell. The weather wasn't cold or anything. There were a lot of similarities with things on earth, like the washing room and the furniture in the temple, everything seemed quite modern except she had not detected any form of electricity, no mobile phones or computers either. Although her family had not been very wealthy before "the Reduce'' they did have smartphones and tablets. Wealthier families would have the fancy versions, a wristband that would project a hologram on which you could do pretty much anything. She did not like to depend on these digital devices anyway, so when she fled to the Aestates and had nothing, she did not really needed to adjust.

She left the washing room heading downstairs meeting Warden in the what she assumed to be a living room.

"Where is Jax?" she asked because he wasn't in the living room with Warden.

"He's already outside with Raul and Scar." Warden replied "The wolves" he explained, probably because of the confused look on Alixe her face.

"Right the wolves.." she said

"You don't have to be afraid, really, we have a bond with the wolves." Warden said.

She walked after warden leaving the temple and it's beautiful flowers behind. they went around the west side of the temple and that's when she saw them, enormous wolf like creatures.

"Holy...shh, they're huge!'' she breathed. She stopped walking to take the creatures in, she was at least 20 meters away from them but they were incredibly hard to miss. The biggest one had a black fur and the other, slightly smaller, was sand colored with a big scar across his snout, Scar, of course. Jax stood next to the sand colored beast, adjusting something that looked like a saddle. Their size suggested that these beasts were fast as hell. No wonder you'd need a saddle to ride it.

Warden had kept walking and was reaching the wolves, who were standing just outside the entry gate. He shot Alixe a look over his shoulder.

"Oh come on, Alixe, I assure you, they won't harm you in any way." Warden said pointing his hand towards the creatures. She couldn't shake it, the fear of that day she got attacked and bitten. Although she could see these beast were not aggressive beasts like the wolf she had encountered.

"If you keep standing there they'll smell your fear" Jax said with a playful look in his eyes and a grin on his face. She couldn't help but feel a little relaxed because of Jax's easy mood. She started walking towards the big creatures, trying to seem as confident as possible. The largest one, Raoul, moved his ears towards her and sniffed. Scar did the same when she approached, she stopped walking. The beasts were taller than her, and taller than Warden and Jax, who were about 1,85/1,90m long give or take. Their size was nothing like the wolves on earth, if she would have encountered one this size that day she went hunting, she would have died for sure.

''You can come closer, pet them if you want to" Jax said while he came to stand next to Alixe. Warden was adjusting the sadle-thing on Raoul. She looked at Jax, his green eyes focused on Scar, like they were having a conversation that no one could hear.

"I.. I don't know, is it really ok?" she asked, stepping a little bit closer to Scar, she could reach his snout if she would stretch her arm out.

"Yeah, it's fine look" Jax said while he grabbed her hand softly and reached for Scars snout. His hands felt rough, but strong, she felt her face getting warm but tried not to let it show. He detached his hand and left hers resting on Scars snout. His fur felt soft, he bowed his head a little so that she could reach him better, Jax was right, they're nothing like the wolves on earth. She felt safe and secure while touching Scar. Like the wolf was giving of the sense of security. She even tried to make eye contact and the wolf looked back, almost like he was trying to say: It's alright I won't harm you. The scar on his snout began at his left eye, down to the right side of his snout, covering a large part of his head.